Lauren engineering.....body kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I can't believe Honest Charlie's raised they're price by $1,000.00 in the last year. The El Camino store sells the Lauren products, I guess they'll sell any they have left. I looked at OPGIs, the listing said both headlight buckets and bezels in 2 different sentences are included I emailed them to ask who makes it.

Reactions: 1 user

grzsports

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 10, 2016
Does anyone have the installation instruction for the one sold by opgi?

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
I can't believe Honest Charlie's raised they're price by $1,000.00 in the last year. The El Camino store sells the Lauren products, I guess they'll sell any they have left. I looked at OPGIs, the listing said both headlight buckets and bezels in 2 different sentences are included I emailed them to ask who makes it.
It’s supply and demand. We are down to just a couple of manufacturers supporting G bodies. With little or no competition and somewhat low demand as compared to more popular models I expect prices will continue to rise. I may have it wrong but I thought Honest Charlie bought the Choo choo stuff and this is different from the Lauren stuff they were selling last year?

The OPGI stuff looks different than the Lauren stuff to me. All the Lauren stuff I seen came in black primer and the OPGI looks like it’s white. Also looked to me like some of the headlight stuff that bolts into the OPGI unit was formed into the Lauren stuff. Might just be the catalog cuts they used or maybe an earlier/later version?

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I made a order yesterday of parts I needed from Lauren engineering. Maybe my purchase and others will keep the door open for a longer time.

Reactions: 2 users

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
I made a order yesterday of parts I needed from Lauren engineering. Maybe my purchase and others will keep the door open for a longer time.
did you get someone to answer the phone??

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
Bad news. OPGI just texted me back. Lauren makes the SS nose that they sell
That sucks....did they have any of them left in stock? Craig told me on the phone the other day they had 3 of them that had shipped and were in route. Call hm at X 304 and see if you can get one of them.....looks like it may be the last chance to get one.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The OPGI stuff looks different than the Lauren stuff to me. All the Lauren stuff I seen came in black primer and the OPGI looks like it’s white.
My ground effects and scoop from Lauren came white as did my Monte parts many years ago.
IMG_1851.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor