Lauren engineering.....body kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pulled the trigger and ordered my SS nose from OPGI. He said they have 6 coming in.
I just got the call from Ecklers that Lauren is closed and isn't shipping anything anymore. I wont be getting my Lumina nose kit or ground effects. If I were you I would check with OPGI and make sure its not gonna happen to you too.....

I just got the call from Ecklers that Lauren is closed and isn't shipping anything anymore. I wont be getting my Lumina nose kit or ground effects. If I were you I would check with OPGI and make sure its not gonna happen to you too.....
Well that sucks, so they don't stock any of the parts and apparently just drop ship them and you would think they would have known before we did.

• Agree
Reactions: Ace Burt
Reactions: Ace Burt
Have you tried Dixierestoration for the ground effects, it looks like the L.E. kit also.
https://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=DM92003 NOREARWRAP
I am in the airport about to jump on a plane but will call them in the morning. It does look like the stage one kit. Thanks for the heads up...again. Talked to OPGI and don’t have a good feeling about getting an SS front end from them either. Maybe I just buy that 416 rotating assembly I have been thinking about instead and leave the body alone.....

After I ordered the nose I got an email that my part is on BACKORDER till March. Now I'm not feeling to optimistic I'll get it. I wrote an email to Honest Charlie's asking how they could justify a second huge price increase in the past year. They actually got back to me,apologizing giving the normal business BS excuse about rising production costs. Instead of the monopoly that they now have on these parts.

After I ordered the nose I got an email that my part is on BACKORDER till March. Now I'm not feeling to optimistic I'll get it. I wrote an email to Honest Charlie's asking how they could justify a second huge price increase in the past year. They actually got back to me,apologizing giving the normal business BS excuse about rising production costs. Instead of the monopoly that they now have on these parts.

Supply and demand, capitalism, and the right to make a buck.

But, how many El Caminos an Malibus are left out there with owners looking to convert them? Seems like a really small market to be gouging.

Have you tried Dixierestoration for the ground effects, it looks like the L.E. kit also.
https://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=DM92003 NOREARWRAP
I am in the airport about to jump on a plane but will call them in the morning. It does look like the stage one kit. Thanks for the heads up...again. Talked to OPGI and don’t have a good feeling about getting an SS front end from them either. Maybe I just buy that 416 rotating assembly I have been thinking about instead and leave the body alone.....
i finally called Ecklers today and had them go look and make sure my order was going to be filled. After about 5 minutes on hold he came back and told me all the Lauren stuff is discontinued and they closed down and are not filling any orders. I called OPGI right afterward and put them on the spot knowing what the answer was likely to be. They came back with the politically correct response of “we will happy to take your order and call when and if we can fill it”. Time to either leave it alone or try and find some used stuff or something nobody wants anymore.

Reactions: melloelky
Guess with them being closed that would take out about 80% of the aftermarket body panels for any '78 up A/G then. Shame they never tried to sell their molds to another company even just to have a few small runs on parts.

Guess with them being closed that would take out about 80% of the aftermarket body panels for any '78 up A/G then. Shame they never tried to sell their molds to another company even just to have a few small runs on parts.[/QUOT

There is a company called Allday Customs building spoilers and bumper covers for G bodies not to far from Lauren. Sure would be nice if they got those molds over there. Right now I can only find Allday stuff on eBay...but they have really good reviews and the stuff looks good.

Reactions: Texas82GP
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor