Lauren engineering.....body kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
(714) 871-CARS
Thanks, that’s one of the numbers I have been calling. I talked to the people at Andy’s Autosport a bit ago and they told me they dropped the Lauren line last week and they are indeed closing the doors. Guess I will go with an SS front end now.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 user

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
I am sorry to say I had a bad feeling this might happen which was why I bought my ground effects first a couple years ago.
I also tried the number and no answer and the message is one I had never heard so it sounds like your are right.
Did you try this place. https://www.elcaminostore.com/el-ca...nose-conversion-without-lights-1978-1987.html
What a price difference though from Lauren's.
i had not seen them on that site. Thanks, I just bought everything I was looking for. Cost a little more but I think it may be the last Lumina nose kit made.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

shadyduk1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2005
bellingham, ma
I talked to them in December when I decided to pull the trigger on bumpers for my Camino via eBay. I asked if the parts would be in stock any time soon. The response was this;
Hello,
Most likely not. My production is down, the only thing I'll have is the urethane front spoiler
After that, no response at all and I went with someone else. Hope that helps

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
Well that sucks, I was going to buy a rear wing and chin spoiler for my olds from lauren when I start putting it back together
There is a company working out of eBay called allday customs building roll pans, spoilers and bumper covers that might have what you need. They have really good reviews. I was going to go that route on the rear bumper cover if I ended up with an SS front. I think I bought the last Lauren pieces out there unlesss you can find them sitting in a wharehouse somewhere. Good luck

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
Ive always just bought from there ebay store and had no issues with Lauren. That sucks there going out of business.

Robert Leonardo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2018
I just talked to David, the owner of Lauren. He said that yes, they are pretty much closed. He can't find anybody to make his fiberglass and get parts made. He said if he can find someone within 6 months, he'll stay open

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

grzsports

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 10, 2016
I was holding out on buying a ss conversion till I was ready for paint and body. I looked at the Honest Charlies (wow now 2200.00 with out the correct grill). but I better get one quick. Is Lauren the only other one that makes the ss conversion nose?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I just talked to David, the owner of Lauren. He said that yes, they are pretty much closed. He can't find anybody to make his fiberglass and get parts made. He said if he can find someone within 6 months, he'll stay open

As much as I hate most of their products, that is a really shitty way to go out of business after so long. Don't kids realize that getting high on resin is way more rewarding than being computer programmers? World's a changin'...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor