Let the resto begin........

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
New engine eye candy, fuel pump and water pump.
water pump.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Well after a 6 day absence I return home to work on the H/O and the post office fails to bring me my mail. I applied a hold
on it and the day it was to be delivered, I got mail but no parts. Hmmmm, next day, same thing. So I call
the post office and the guy says oh yeah...you have a lot of parts here. Uhhhhhhh why weren't they delivered to me?
Guess the carrier must have overlooked them. So this morning, a shadowy figure creeps up to my door and quietly
drops a couple of boxes off and sneaks back to the truck using stealth mode of no engine just use neutral to let
the vehicle coast down the hill. Them sneaky devils...............but some of the new parts got installed. Power steering
hose, 2 belts, cleaned up a lot of 40 year old dust dirt and grease. Next is the fan shroud over the fan as the radiator
goes in. New radiator hose too. Little by little...like the postal carrier, I'm sneaking up on it. :rofl:(y)

Attachments

• oldspowersteering.jpg
    oldspowersteering.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 200

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Um, you can do what you like, but unless I've missed something here, you gonna paint any of that sh*t of the front of that engine or just let it rust up? I'm thinking there should be some blue water pump or something.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Um, you can do what you like, but unless I've missed something here, you gonna paint any of that sh*t of the front of that engine or just let it rust up? I'm thinking there should be some blue water pump or something.

And cover up all that pretty metal? :cool: This is Arizona..............rust smust..:D.......thanks for the paint notation but I want to get it running first and then
detail..............if the engine turns out to be junk......why would I want to paint junk?

Do you happen to have any cans of free blue paint? Always looking for ways to extend the budget.:LOL:

Remember this is NOT a body off resto. I was just told this week I need to have both hips replaced........I mean life does have it's priorities.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And cover up all that pretty metal? :cool: This is Arizona..............rust smust..:D.......thanks for the paint notation but I want to get it running first and then
detail..............if the engine turns out to be junk......why would I want to paint junk?

Do you happen to have any cans of free blue paint? Always looking for ways to extend the budget.:LOL:

Remember this is NOT a body off resto. I was just told this week I need to have both hips replaced........I mean life does have it's priorities.
Sounds like you are getting a body-off resto. Hip replacement ain't no joke. My mother in law had to get her hip pinned together with a rod in Flagstaff in 2012 when she fell and broke her hip while we were visiting the Grand Canyon. They didn't replace the joint itself, but the rehab stint seemed like she might as well have.

You have a point about getting it running first. Wasn't trying to bust your plan. Good luck with your hip situation. Unfortunate timing, you were just getting rolling on this resto.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018

Sounds like you are getting a body-off resto. Hip replacement ain't no joke. My mother in law had to get her hip pinned together with a rod in Flagstaff in 2012 when she fell and broke her hip while we were visiting the Grand Canyon. They didn't replace the joint itself, but the rehab stint seemed like she might as well have.

You have a point about getting it running first. Wasn't trying to bust your plan. Good luck with your hip situation. Unfortunate timing, you were just getting rolling on this resto.

Thanks for the kind words and support. It will all work out. (y)

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good luck with the hip replacement. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Looking forward to your next update on the car.

Reactions: 1 user

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Hips schmips! :banana: Good luck; they're not as bad as they sound as long as you do the PT.

I was looking through the parts catalog at the doctors office and ordered the ELVIS hips..........limber and loose.........that should get me through life.
A bit pricey but hey, I'm worth it......
The cost of the copay I saw really made me reconsider a lot of things I wanted to do with the H/O. Just have to scale back expectations and use time
as an asset.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Good luck with the hip replacement. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Looking forward to your next update on the car.
Thank you kindly.........I hope I don't need as many parts as the H/O does.......but quality of life is important when it comes to enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor