LETS SEE SOME GRAND PRIX'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerbeachboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2009
Sainte-sophie,qc,Canada
I stand by my previous reply those body lines are perfect and beautifull but the magwheels are too big for those cars.

Definitly high rollers are not for me, but there are some who like's it and I respect them, and as they say's all tastes are in the nature!!!!!!!!!

killerbeachboy

ALLPARTS36

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2008
Re:

Slimbo,
Now that is what I'm talking about,the "G's" in Drag Radials....!!!! Looks like you may have a 12 bolt narrowed with the frame rails cut to clear the rear DR?I have a 85'GP that is in the process of me installing the 14 Point Cage in it,I have a Pontiac 462ci ,its a 66' ,421 four bolt main block,filled,with Ross Flat top pistons,Eagle Rods,NI crank,Holley Street Dominator Intake(old School deal)w/a "Turtle"epoxied on floor,D port cast iron heads Heavily!! bowl/runner ported,a 4500rpm, 8" converter with a 10lbs inertia ring on it,comes out to 13:1 compression R/A,295 MT DR on the rear,with a 3:73 gear,with a Strange Spool,and Moser Axles,it has a Front and Mid plate installed,I could go on and on,,,man it just super cool to see you out with yours racing it,mine will be done for next years first time at the track for sure....What kind of 60's foots are you getting?What is your best ET' to date? What made you go with a Chevy Motor? in a Pontiac Car???I was deeply crushed when I saw it was a Chebby in it,but neither the less it is making some nice wheel stands and is one of the cleanest to-date I have seen,Thanks in advance for your answers on the questions I asked,just trying to get an idea for what mine will be able to do..What type of setup in in your rearend area??? upper/lower aftermarket bars,with Air Bag in right rear of mine,with a Checkard Racing Rear Anti-Sway bar,drag race one,machined aluminum end mounts,bushed main bar,with spherical rod ends on all the contact points...To help plant the rear tires,as we both know the DR need all the suspension mods to get them to 60' foot well...Great Car man,can you post any more pictures of your trunk area and maybe some more of the interior where the door bars go down to the frame????? :?:
Take Care and Really look forward to see more pictures of your ride,Love it man..
Kind Regard,
Jason :mrgreen:

slimbo5 said:
heres my pig. started life as a 3.8 liter california car i got off ebay for 3000. never been painted and not a spot of rust outside or underneath.
pinkslarge.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0210-1.jpg

IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

PA210090.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

3875 pounds reaching for the sky on the radials!
carMediumjpg.jpg

slimbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2008
Thanks for the kind words guys. sorry for the late reply. Best et to date is a 10.71 on a 50 shot. car has been 11.13 on motor with a 1.48 60 foot. on n2o i have been 1.40. the rear frame rails are factory and it has a 9 inch that is 1 inch narrower than the stock 10 bolt so i can run 3.5 backspace 8 inch rims. the rear suspension is umi tubular lowers,adj uppers with spherical ends. spohn drag sway bar and stock springs with stock type shocks. the front is v6 springs,lakewook 90/10's umi tubular lowers and stock uppers with the stock front sway bar. the reason i didnt go with poncho power is it just isnt in the budget. thany other questions just ask.is winter im building a new sbc 421 with a dart block and new 227 cnc track 1's should make 650 hopefully. looking to go 11.70's on motor and high to mid nines on a 200 shot. any other questions just ask.

slimbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2008
spare tire well is removed from the trunk and the trunk is carpeted. fuel pump is underneath where the well was.

P4050006.jpg

P4050007.jpg

nitrous controls
P4050005.jpg

pump setup
P2100048.jpg

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
Munkey B said:
wow, never thought i'd see a GP in middle east.
how easy is it to get parts?

you can find all parts here except some exterior parts ...

these pics were for before polishing .... i 'll post the new pics after polishing soon ... ;) :D

killerbeachboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2009
Sainte-sophie,qc,Canada
here's mine when I bought it last spring

with my sister in law's 86 monte carlo LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor