LETS SEE SOME GRAND PRIX'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
BTW what does the FJ Package and LE package consist of ?

81v8gp

Apprentice
Sep 14, 2009
That's an LJ not FJ - no such model. That car wouldn't happen to have the truck trim package would it? I am looking for the spare tire cover that evidently the factory forgot or the delivery dealer stole because mine was never with the car.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
here's a few in it's current state...it'll be back on the road in a week or 2...

th_P1000849.jpg

th_P1000851.jpg

th_P1000853.jpg

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
81v8gp said:
That's an LJ not FJ - no such model. That car wouldn't happen to have the truck trim package would it? I am looking for the spare tire cover that evidently the factory forgot or the delivery dealer stole because mine was never with the car.

:oops: Don't know where that came from....

grant's prix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 26, 2007
Great White North
I just had the 3.42 former Grand National diff I had rebuilt last fall put in my 80. I notice it on the take off from the 3.73 7.5 that was in it. Ended up with a couple issues, had to shorten my driveshaft 1 1/4 inches, and the guy that did the work had put on the brakes incorrectly on one side :shock: The parking brake cable was different on one side also for some reason, even though it was out of a GP as well. Next work is a 2004r so I can take advantage of the 3.42 on the highway and have an even better take off on the low end. Another nasty surprise was the dreaded frame rail rot which this car didn't have forever (and hasn't been winter driven since 1991), but it finally caught up to me, so the body comes off this fall for a winter project of frame rebuilding. BTW - also went to the poly bushings in the back and the steel brake line was rotted out so it was replaced to the front of the car. So a $200 job ended up being $750 :wtf:

Someone asked about the RAIII manifolds and fit, they are perfect, no rubbing, no mod's to body or frame. Just get the new ones which have 2 1/2 inch collectors, mine are the old ones with 2 1/4 so I have a step up in the exhaust to the pipes.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
slimbo5 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjeOa_u7bDs

Marks_Wheels_Up.jpg

Marky_Lighting_The_Hides.jpg

Man that is one Fast Badass Grand Prix...........What the formula you have ?????

killerbeachboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2009
Sainte-sophie,qc,Canada
here are some pics of my new grand prix, but just before I'll tell you the story behind the change:

First my old grand prix 267cu.in. engine blew on the way home last fall, so I pulled it out, than the winter came and took it's toll on the already fragile rear frame, so I tough about doing a frame off resto on her so I bought a parts car with a good frame, then I've took off the chrome moldings and discover more cancer eating my car. Then I've took a look on Kijiji here in canada then I've discovered a perfect candidate for a mere 600$ from a guy in quebec city who was in real trouble and the car only needed a transmission, so I've called the guy and maked some arrangement to pick up the car two weeks after. That car already has a roll cage, racing buckets seats, electric fuel pump with regulator and an extra set of mags and the mandatory running 350 engine from an 73 elky ss, it also had a posi rear end with 3.73:1 gears. that car ran 12.80 on the quarter at pont rouge dragway near quebec city.

looks like a perfect deal for a mere 600 bucks canadian

here with the mags already on the car when I bought her

now here she is right now

now she's running great with the transmission from my old red one

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Re:

srercrcr said:
That black ebay car has the ultra-rare Grand Prix-only factory Viscount genuine leather bucket seats. Sweet!

I just picked up a '78 with that interior. I had to do a little digging to make sure it was factory because I'd never seen it during many years of owning g-bodies. The info I found (which may not be 100% accurate) says these were only in SJ models. My car pictured is an LJ with a 305 sbc.

1978GrandPrix007.jpg

grandprixrh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor