LETS SEE SOME GRAND PRIX'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Beautiful car! Bet you get lotsa thumbs up when driveing that one.

grandprix2+2

Apprentice
Jun 13, 2007
Thanks for all the compliments guys! Its a little rough around the edges for sure...crate motor went in after the paintjob :oops: so theres loads of dents in the fenders now and a couple scratches (and counting) as I use it as my daily driver in the summer. It does have brand new frame rails welded in though and a long list of things that have been replaced, and an even longer one of things I want replaced. I plan on keeping it though and hear their never really "finished" anyway lol. It does turn some heads though, and I do hear alot of "nice monte carlo" too. Not that it bothers me just funny sometimes. :D

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Funny I have had more than one person tell me "that is the nicest Monte, I've ever seen" or "nice Monte". I ussually just reply "that's because its a Grand Prix". If my car confuses people, the 2+2's must cause strokes.

Munkey - do you know where I can find anything on that Grand am GTO? I have searched for 80's GTO's on the net numerous times, and have never heard of that and I do not remember ever seeing one. The only 80's GTO reference I could find was concept based on the Fiero with a different front end (not making this car might be the smartest thing Pontiac ever did - it was fugly).

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Stoopud said:
Funny I have had more than one person tell me "that is the nicest Monte, I've ever seen" or "nice Monte". I ussually just reply "that's because its a Grand Prix". If my car confuses people, the 2+2's must cause strokes.

Munkey - do you know where I can find anything on that Grand am GTO? I have searched for 80's GTO's on the net numerous times, and have never heard of that and I do not remember ever seeing one. The only 80's GTO reference I could find was concept based on the Fiero with a different front end (not making this car might be the smartest thing Pontiac ever did - it was fugly).

goddamn i actually remember reading that issue of HPP (I think) when it came out >_< (/me shows his geezer card) It wasn't all that special. An '88 FWD Grand Am with IIRC a Quad 4, and a sticker job. I can't find any photos of it atm...

It was just a concept and got cancelled early on. Good thing, too.

01GPGT

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2008
here is the only pic i have of my 82. this is the day i first drove it home after getting it out of some ones front yard (it sat there for 5 years before i found it)

CarGrandPrix1.jpg

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
that looks like my old 82 minus the roof rotter and wheels.

mine was originally two tone grey but they painted it black and looked just like that.

01GPGT

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2008
cool. i recently found the car agian :D (it was stolen long story there police never filed a report becuase there was no insurance on the car at the time)

when i had it the olds 350 deisle was replaced with a 69 olds 350 4bbl solid lifter motor (i still have the engine it was removed for a rebuild) had the F-41 heavy duety sapention, power every thing, heater only car(it was an eport modle for mexico i never did find out how it got to michigan :? ), 3.23 posi 10 bolt (think from a GN) the int. was rough but it was a fairly quick car for a high school studant wish it got better then 9mpg though :lol:

i loved the rims they cleansd up nice wanted to paint the lowerd areas black

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
[/quote]heater only car(it was an eport modle for mexico i never did find out how it got to michigan Confused ),

Thats a nice Grand Prix! Thats cool that you found it after it was stolen and it was upgraded with a better engine instead of the diesel engine hopefully.... I am interested in the non a/c sytem on your GP. I am in the process of doing the the non a/c swap on 85 GP and cannot seem to find one without a/c. I am interested on some pics of your dash vents and controls. Hopefully you can take some and Good luck with your Grand Prix. :lol:

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
heater only car(it was an eport modle for mexico i never did find out how it got to michigan Confused ),

EDIT Thats a nice Grand Prix! Thats cool that you found it after it was stolen.... I am interested in the non a/c sytem on your GP. I am in the process of doing the the non a/c swap on 85 GP and cannot seem to find one without a/c. I am interested on some pics of your dash vents and controls. Hopefully you can take some and Good luck with your Grand Prix. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor