Lets see your El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
lilbaggie said:
I have a set of factory 16s on mine so I can't speak to the aftermarket IROCS but for the factory 15" & 16", the Fronts will bolt right up, Rears will need a spacer. If you can find two sets of Fronts, you'll be set.

Oh DAMN!! :shock: Those look SWEEEET!!! I gotta find a set now!! Beautiful El bruh..

Elco Warren 8)

lilbaggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2009
Thanks Warren. That's high praise from somebody with a nice set of Gs such as yourself.

The 17's look good Dave. I was thinking about going that route myself until i found my set for $100.

While we're on the subjects of IROCs, what are you guys using for center caps? Do the 17" and up sizes have a different center cap? I just used the factory IROC-Z ones but they always seemed a bit odd even if they were correct for the wheel.

Red Regal T

Apprentice
Jan 18, 2011
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Not much to look at right now, especially considering the many beautiful El Caminos pictured in this thread, but I finally found a builder that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Good, straight, rust free frame and quarters still sporting the original factory paint, what's left of it, that is. I have most of what I need to turn it into a Grand Camino turbo V6, drive-train wise. My work will be begin in earnest in a few months which will include a turbo-Buick LC2 engine, replacement of the stock th2004r with the perfomance oriented TR variety, and a 3:42 8.5 rear. Once I have that working to my satisfaction, paint is up next, and a revamping of the stock interior with Park Avenue power leather seats somewhere in between and also an LS1 four wheel disc brake conversion. :D

Attachments

• Picture 185.jpg
    Picture 185.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 4,205

84ElCamino

Greasemonkey
Nov 17, 2009
Los Angeles, California
That's right Chris. You got too see it person at the G-Body Run. New paint si coming this year. Staying white but adding pearl to it. I'm visiting the Fam in AZ soon so I'll hit up so I can check out the RuNt.

84ElCamino

Greasemonkey
Nov 17, 2009
Los Angeles, California
It's a steering column lock. Adds one more layer of security to keep the haters away or to at least make them work harder. I had mine since I first bought the Elco and it still looks new. it's available in 3 finishes. It really protects the column though. A must if you really love your GBody.

http://www.steadfastautosecurity.com/

Red Regal T

Apprentice
Jan 18, 2011
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
84ElCamino said:
It's a steering column lock. Adds one more layer of security to keep the haters away or to at least make them work harder. I had mine since I first bought the Elco and it still looks new. it's available in 3 finishes. It really protects the column though. A must if you really love your GBody.

http://www.steadfastautosecurity.com/

For sure, you can't have enough theft deterence, and in the case of it in your car, adds to the show quality. It's great dressup for the steering column. How about the polish/chrome between that collar and the steering wheel, and the piece on the south side of the anti-theft collar? Who supplies that, and what's that black toggle/knob do? :D

84ElCamino

Greasemonkey
Nov 17, 2009
Los Angeles, California
That's a Grant No Wheel No Steal system. It comes in black but I had mine polished to give it a btter look with the chrome column lock. The black lever is what you hit to remove the steering lock to unlock it.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
0815001329a-1.jpg
done for now but got more motor work to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor