License plate filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
I’ve tried restoring the license plate filler on my 81 Malibu and it still looks rough. Does anyone have an extra one that’s is in good shape? Or, do you know who sells a replacement filler?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
The aftermarket ones are fiberglass. If your body bushing are original, it won't fit. They cause the body to settle and then the filler hits on the bumper. I have an original that's ok, not perfect though. I installed a stainless steel one that a guy over on MR used to make.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
BlownBigBlock was his screen name, believe his real name was Art. Gorgeous piece. He also made aluminum ones too. The stainless were the most, IIRC they were $100 but that was at least 5 years ago now

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The aftermarket ones are fiberglass. If your body bushing are original, it won't fit. They cause the body to settle and then the filler hits on the bumper. I have an original that's ok, not perfect though. I installed a stainless steel one that a guy over on MR used to make.

I have the same issue. Mine fell apart. I havent bought a replacement yet but Mikes sells them. He has two different styles. Im probably going with the top photo since it looks like the OEM one.

L240660-lrg.jpg
s-l400.jpg

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I have the bottom one. Nice part

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor