lmao my bro thought i was getting electricuted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
lol That's a good one! I hate being "bit" be electricity.. I have gotten bit by the strobe light systems at my job Them HURT! It's my fault for not letting the voltage dissipate. :|

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Man I remember accidentally shooting an arc from the TIG torch to my hand holding the filler rod. It felt like I got hit in the funny bone with a ball peen hammer for like 3 days. Not fun!

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Man, that's a funny post! I retired after working almost 37 years in industrial sheet metal. In that time I've been Zapped by Arc, Carbon arc, Mig, and Tig. more than a few times. Was not fun for me, but was funny for the people around me at the time it would happen!
Your story is still one of the best I've heard!

Doug

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
really? is it just because i was touching the fender? i knew there was ALOT of power in a welder but i didnt realize it was that easy to fry yourself. i figured it was caused mostly because i was laying on cold damp concrete...i better be more careful with that thing :) im gonna start mig welding a door soon, any percautions i should take? rubber dive suit? lol

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Just make sure that YOU arent grounding the base metal. If your holding it and even touching it you can get shocked. Also do not let a wall or beam ground it. For a door I just got 2 saw horses and laid it on there then hit it with a mig. Thats probly the easiest and safest way I can think of.

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
i just bought this from a church yardsale so it didnt come with anything other than a good feeling i was doing something to help them out. as far as my welding experience goes, i did it in high school and remember being really good at it and my teacher being pretty impressed with what i pulled off, also i LOVE plaing with metal so i decided to try it out and see what happened :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor