lock tight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: Do any of youz use it? I got use to using it on my bike and messing with my 86 T today it got me thinking. LIke power steering pump bolts, alternator, IC bolts and on.
IBBY

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
hello people: Do any of youz use it? I got use to using it on my bike and messing with my 86 T today it got me thinking. LIke power steering pump bolts, alternator, IC bolts and on.
IBBY
Some places it's more appropriate than others. If you do use it it's important to buy the right grade (color) for your application.

Some people go to wally world and don't realize all the different grades that exist, but aren't stocked in a big box retail store...

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I use blue loctite a lot. Depends on the application. I will say I use anti seize a lot more. Especially steel into aluminum.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Be careful with some of it. Green is silly, somewhat like welding a nut in a bolt.

Blue is generally what is needed to keep nuts from ‘falling’ off.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The proper fastener, properly torqued, is sufficient for most tasks. Loctite has it's uses, but too many people think it's the answer for everything, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive seen suspensions put together with hardware store bolts and nylocks. SMH
Over the years Ive had to buy quite a decent amount of 10.9 bolts, matching washers and prevailing torque lock nuts. Didnt need much loctite with them but in a few spots I still put a drop of blue on the bolts. LOL

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've used it on smalls that are in a tough spot before. I'm proned to use anti seize on just about everything though.im not much help with this one afterall.

Reactions: 1 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I use blue loctite when I feel it's needed and antiseize when needed. Antiseize is one of those products you look at and you have it on your body and clothes without even touching it.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I use blue loctite when I feel it's needed and antiseize when needed. Antiseize is one of those products you look at and you have it on your body and clothes without even touching it.
the food grade isn't nearly as contagious as the aluminum..I don't know how but it doesn't travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor