Looking for 1978-80 Grand AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Contacted seller last week, would need to be transported $ Has wiring needs $ Engine uncompleted $ so it's non running to transport $$ brake issues $ and more in his text and it was a bit more than I was looking to entertain for that price.........but thank you for the lead...........
Where's my west coast cars??????????????????? Come on..............I know they are out there............
A properly built 2004R and 3.73 posi add a lot to the value, fun and fuel mileage. Good luck on finding one of these in pristine condition for cheap. Looks like a few hours at most to finish.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
A properly built 2004R and 3.73 posi add a lot to the value, fun and fuel mileage. Good luck on finding one of these in pristine condition for cheap. Looks like a few hours at most to finish.
I've taken those things into consideration..........and I am still trying to deal on the car..........he's had it posted for about a month and as time goes on maybe the price will soften a bit........I'm waiting for the seller to reply to my most recent text..............so hope springs eternal.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Car looks pretty good in the photos (I know that doesn't always mean much though). I'm with Olds 307 and 403 on this one. Looks like most of the hard stuff is finished. Hope its a good car, and that you can get a deal done on it.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Car looks pretty good in the photos (I know that doesn't always mean much though). I'm with Olds 307 and 403 on this one. Looks like most of the hard stuff is finished. Hope its a good car, and that you can get a deal done on it.
I'm a bit gun shy having bought sight unseen cars before on Ebay and even had to use an Ebay lawyer to get the title to a 1970 GTO i purchased IN GA, but the seller never paid the GA sales tax because the car was brought from Alabama over to GA and so after 90 days and no title I went to Ebay and they put their legal team to work. I believe the seller went to jail and my Alabama title came soon after.
I was also bitten by a 1969 Camaro that was STILL in the paint shop.............no rust. But enough Bondo that it made me seasick seeing all
the waves.
So for me to part with money, call me cheap, but I am wiser. I appreciate the cheering crowd but unless I feel it's right, then I don't jump.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I'm a bit gun shy having bought sight unseen cars before on Ebay and even had to use an Ebay lawyer to get the title to a 1970 GTO i purchased IN GA, but the seller never paid the GA sales tax because the car was brought from Alabama over to GA and so after 90 days and no title I went to Ebay and they put their legal team to work. I believe the seller went to jail and my Alabama title came soon after.
I was also bitten by a 1969 Camaro that was STILL in the paint shop.............no rust. But enough Bondo that it made me seasick seeing all
the waves.
So for me to part with money, call me cheap, but I am wiser. I appreciate the cheering crowd but unless I feel it's right, then I don't jump.
I agree, you need to see it in person, bring a light magnet to check for excessive Bondo. I am cheap too but would get it running myself if possible to get it home, which can open up a whole new can of worms, I realize not everyone is capable of this. What motor is in that one?

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I agree, you need to see it in person, bring a light magnet to check for excessive Bondo. I am cheap too but would get it running myself if possible to get it home, which can open up a whole new can of worms, I realize not everyone is capable of this. What motor is in that one?
It has a 350 in it. I just heard back from the seller, now he is not sure he wants to sell it.......he ordered parts for it and if HE gets it running HE will keep it..........he said it needs a new gas tank too which is to arrive Monday......and I couldn't give him what he wants and the price will go up IF he gets it running.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor