Looking for 1978-80 Grand AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
We may have a winner here..........it is looking good................seller and I have agreed to a deal. I'm waiting for more pics
but it looks promising........

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
DSCI0484 (1).JPG

Reactions: 1 user

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
The seller told me all the floor pans were replaced. If you know something I don't please tell me now before money changes hands.
He did replace the hood..I did not see the BEFORE pics.......only the ones since it has been repaired.
I just got that gutt kicked feeling..........

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I don't know anything about the car other than the original thread when it showed up for sale last May.

The car looks like a typical, "left outside for 25 years Florida salt spray car", which can be worse in some ways than "Driven 5 winters before I bought a front wheel drive crapbox" northern car.

When looking for rare, specific cars, you have to take what you can get. I like the car a lot, but can't decide if I would go with the height and add nobbies or put more appropriate, lower springs in there.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I have cancelled the deal, since the recent information was brought to light regarding the rust issues.
Once bitten, twice shy, I've been bitten too many times.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I don't know anything about the car other than the original thread when it showed up for sale last May.

The car looks like a typical, "left outside for 25 years Florida salt spray car", which can be worse in some ways than "Driven 5 winters before I bought a front wheel drive crapbox" northern car.

When looking for rare, specific cars, you have to take what you can get. I like the car a lot, but can't decide if I would go with the height and add nobbies or put more appropriate, lower springs in there.
Thanks for the input........you may have saved me and my marriage and my life and ...........oh yea, my money.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
If the hood is good it looks like the lower metal that needs replaced is the normal G-body stuff.

He has already replaced all of the floor pans in the car, but the rockers/doors might have gotten a Por 15/bondo treatment considering above the belt line, the doors look the same color, but below the beltline it looks like fresh paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor