Looking for help on buying a Monte Carlo 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBLSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2017
St.Paul, MN
The post will stay up. Do you buy on eBay, if so that's where I get mine there's one on there now for $17.99

No more of a amazon kinda person I like free shipping and don't mind waiting for the things. But if I was looking for parts and saw them on ebay and not amazon my dad has an account and will buy stuff for me as long as I pay.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
i just bought a repair manual too, i bought the preformance version because idk which one i shouldve gotten, im mainly looking for info about 305 to 350 swap

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
I know you guys (WBLSS & Matthew G) are "green" but you can do this. Take pictures of everything so you can look back and see where things go. The best ways to learn is by doing. All sbc's are the same basic block with different bore and strokes so typically all bolt on items will swap over to the 350.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
VIN will give you the year, body style, engine, point of assembly, sequential build number.
When you have a chance post it and I'll give you the information I can read from it!
Bob S.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor