Looking for help on buying a Monte Carlo 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBLSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2017
St.Paul, MN
Thanks to everyone that has helped out idk if I would have tried to take on this project but if I have a lot of people like you guys to ask questions when I get stuck I think I can do this.

Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Thanks to everyone that has helped out idk if I would have tried to take on this project but if I have a lot of people like you guys to ask questions when I get stuck I think I can do this.

We like your enthusiasm and we're all willing and happy to help. Remember, many of us here started exactly like you.
Welcome to the family!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
ps. Please vote for one of us in the G Body of the Month - April...hint, hint - ed1948:D

AxiumVlor

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2017
Does it need to be books or can I look it up online? Haha
Haynes repair and overhaul manual is a life saver 20 bucks from any parts store it will pay for itself in no time buy them for every car i owned tells you bolt torque specs, how many bolts hold something in, tells you how to take apart every little piece of the engine and trans. Also belt, vaccum and wiring diagrams incase you dont have owners manual or diagram under the hood is gone. Not everything online is true so lots of misinformation or things that may be true for one year of motor and not the other

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

WBLSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2017
St.Paul, MN
OK so I know I'm going to get this car and idk how long this post will stay up since it was my first post and didn't know how it worked but I will do as much as I can to from what I remember reading from all this before I start it or I'll ask again if I'm not 100% sure. I'm feeling good about this

Reactions: 1 user

AxiumVlor

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2017
OK so I know I'm going to get this car and idk how long this post will stay up since it was my first post and didn't know how it worked but I will do as much as I can to from what I remember reading from all this before I start it or I'll ask again if I'm not 100% sure. I'm feeling good about this
Dont get discouraged at all its totally possible to be self taught my new user post explains how i got started. Just time and patience it took me like 2 years and a dozen or two tries at rebuilding a motor before i got it right (after buying a haynes manual) realized it was stupid crap i did wrong. Put in a distributor 180 degrees out, intake vaccuum leaks, vaccuum lines hooked up wrong and having every plug wire one plug off on the distributor. Its easy to mess up little stuff but as long as you are persistant and organized you'll get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor