Ls install Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
most of us on here do all the work ourselves, that is why we own cars like these cause we can do almost anything with them and personally I do not trust most shops. I would rather spend money on tools and learn what I want to do instead of paying someone else to do it. After the job is over I still have the tools and I know the job is done properly. I have not done an LS conversion but quite a few member have so this forum can educate you and save you a bunch of money while your having fun getting your hands dirty.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
The actual bolting together part is very easy with basic hand tools. The entire Holley setup is under your budget and would be 2 weekends worth of work to do it yourself.

If you are going to pay money just get a good tuner to do the tuning. The mechanical install isnt that hard.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
but if you are set on paying to have the job done the only place I could recommend is this place, it may be a drive to get to his place for you but his shop is a good one. There is only the owner and one other mechanic who works in the shop on cars and he is very well known.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
No offense to anyone especially the OP but a lot of guys have never touched a wrench in their lives. Unless they really want to learn they are probably better off paying the high price of having someone else do the job. Myself, like most of us here, love the whole process of taking stuff apart and making it better... faster...stronger... $6 million dollar man reference. lol

• Agree

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Depending on exactly what you want, exactly where you're going to source it, and exactly who is going to do the work for you, you may find yourself blowing right past your $10,000.00 budget. Kep in mind, its not just installing the engine in the car. What transmission do you want to use? Are you going to keep the engine fuel injected? If so, how to you want to have the fuel system set up? How are you going to run the wiring? What type of cooling system will you be using? What type of engine accessory drive will you be using? What type of exhaust system will you be using? Will The power level that you're looking for require other driveline, braking, or suspension changes? The rabbit hole that you're looking into can be very deep. Make sure you research it carefully, before you proceed.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If you have a goal, do your research and listen to people who've done one or two it is.
I know. I just crack up at these "I wanna LS" threads. If you count the Series 2, I've done 3. I wouldn't say it's hard, but a good range of mechanical skills and knowledge are paramount unless you're swiping the card on the whole bill. That being said, I'm going to say that you get what you pay for most times. This is one of those times.

• Agree

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I know. I just crack up at these "I wanna LS" threads. If you count the Series 2, I've done 3. I wouldn't say it's hard, but a good range of mechanical skills and knowledge are paramount unless you're swiping the card on the whole bill. That being said, I'm going to say that you get what you pay for most times. This is one of those times.
I would say your series 2 would be harder. You can't buy the complete swap kit with ecu from Holley.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor