LS Swap vs Chevy 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
I will take my 400$, 6 bolt main, roller rocker/lifter, aluminum headed, basically boost ready, easily attainable 400hp crank n/a vortec engines all day if I ever have to swap something. I'm a filthy millennial, I want it all for nothing. Plus, the wiring isn't as scary as people make it out to be.

c4a.gif

Also to be fair I want another olds 307 g body to throw on my buddies dyno and see what type of gains one would see with basically free modifications. I don't know what it was but it was the smoothest running carb'd engine ever and you could just load it up with timing. Could do a mean brakestand with 2.14 gears and factory posi. Something like 65mph in first gear. Can't remember if they ran a little lean or fat from the factory, but I did some different secondary rods and it was amazing what that thing could do.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Hell with SBC, LS, Olds, or any GM V8, go real old school & toss in a flat head. Get one to push big H.P. & torque, use a modern F.I. set up & fitting in your ride of choice would be more impressive. Just my 2 peso's on this.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor