LSX G-body Swap Write Up

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
pic of the holley ls pan on the engine. holds 6 qts with filter. I decided to just buy the holley baffle that installs in the pan sump. going dry sump was gonna add more $ then I wanna spend at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 2,547

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
Small tip: Gates 20734 radiator hose is the one I used for my lower. I think its a late 80's Ford F250 hose. Saves you from spending 6 days running back an forth to the parts store looking for a hose to make work.. That's the hose I used with the Truck style water pump

Reactions: 1 user

Explicit_Spade

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2012
Omaha, NE
beeterolds said:
Small tip: Gates 20734 radiator hose is the one I used for my lower. I think its a late 80's Ford F250 hose. Saves you from spending 6 days running back an forth to the parts store looking for a hose to make work.. That's the hose I used with the Truck style water pump

Why did you choose this route rather than flex hose?

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Jegs carries a ls oil pan that works for $151.99 this is the one I bought ...........

Chevrolet Performance LH8 oil pan is $151.99 at Jegs(this is the one I bought)......
http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet+Perform ... 3/10002/-1

Explicit_Spade

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2012
Omaha, NE
I looked into the LH8 pan for my swap. The sump on the Fbody pan is 5" deep, whereas the LH8 sump is 7.5" deep. For comparison, the 4.8/5.3/6.0 truck oil pans are 8.25" deep. There's only .75" difference between the truck pan and the LH8 pan. The LH8 pan might be ok for people with non-lowered cars, but I wouldn't use it.

onesickGSX

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2014
PA
For anyone looking to use manifolds the gen 5 camaro manifolds are a very tight hugging manifold and I believe they dump into a 2.5" collector. Also as a former fbody owner I couldn't recommend pacesetter after my last set. Their ceramic coating is garbage. Mine started rotting out in less than 2 years and a buddies did the same both garage kept.

BBK has much better pricing on their hedders and I have heard very few complaints as to there durability. I would be curious to see how they fit.

150tunes.com has one of the best prices I've seen for wiring harness trim down and computer tuning. 300 for the trim down and 150 for the tune. Something to keep in mind if you plan to go efi and use electrical gauges is that the signal from the factory harness will need to be changed to work with aftermarket gauges from what I've read.

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
LS1GN said:
THE TRUCK OIL PAN WORKS unless you have an extremely lowered car. I've been running mine for 2+ years and there has been no issues.
Can it handle 2" dropped spindles?

Explicit_Spade

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2012
Omaha, NE
I came across these and thought they would make another good option for those looking to use cast manifolds. They seem to be shorter and hug tighter than factory manifolds. The price I was finding seemed to be right around $300.

http://www.holley.com/8501-3HKR.asp

Pics of how they fit an El Camino and an image of them against factory manifolds are in the link.

• Creative
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor