LSX G-body Swap Write Up

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
edited because of Mis-information. Sorry!

toddoky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2014
Greetings guys, I ran across this thread and the last couple of posts regarding the fitment of the new Hooker G-body swap parts and figured I'd better sign-up here and clarify a few things so you all have correct information from which to make a usage judgment from. First of all, make sure that you do not confuse the new engine bracket kit (12643HKR) with the existing 12621HKR bracket kit that Holley has been selling for G-body swaps for the last few years as the engine positioning geometry and component clearances are majorly different (the engine sits considerably further back and lower in the chassis also with the new brackets compared to the 12621HKR brackets). At the time the 12621HKR mounts were designed, the Holley 302-2 engine oil pan did not exist and so could not be taken advantage of to achieve the optimized fitment and geometry that comes with the design of the new engine bracket kit.

The pasted comment of the post I made on LS1tech regarding the fore/aft position of the engine with the new brackets was corrected further on in the thread as I discovered I miss-quoted the actual dimension...the new brackets position the engine 3/4" rearward, which means you would have to move a stock TH350 or 2004R transmission forward by approximately 1/4" to mate up to an LS engine mounted with the new Hooker brackets. I hope this information is helpful to those following this thread.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Thanks for clearing that up! I edited my previous posts so I don't confuse anyone. Sorry!!

toddoky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2014
Glad to help out...I figured the earlier in this thread the info got corrected/revised, the better off everyone will be.

War Machine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2014
Hey guys quick question. I'm a little confused on the motor mounts. The information is pretty clear, I just get a confused because I overthink things sometimes. To swap an LSx into my '78 Malibu, do I have to buy the 1" setback adaptor plates AND new pads AND the LS swap plates?

War Machine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2014
Anyone?

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
War Machine said:

The 1" back plates are just plates. Bolt them to the side of the block. Then the mounts off of your lets say 305 or 350 the mounts off of them then bolt to the 1 inch back plates on the LS block allowing it to drop in just like a 350.

In short they adapt your SBC clamshell mounts to the LS. No you dont have to buy new pads unless they are broken or wore out.

I got mine from CarShopinc on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-LSX-Engine-S ... b3&vxp=mtr

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
yes cyrus_the_great ive helped friends make them real easy. Im just lazy

Reactions: 1 user

War Machine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2014
jacobdavis1979 said:
War Machine said:

The 1" back plates are just plates. Bolt them to the side of the block. Then the mounts off of your lets say 305 or 350 the mounts off of them then bolt to the 1 inch back plates on the LS block allowing it to drop in just like a 350.

In short they adapt your SBC clamshell mounts to the LS. No you dont have to buy new pads unless they are broken or wore out.

I got mine from CarShopinc on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-LSX-Engine-S ... b3&vxp=mtr
Oh I see. Ok thank you for clearing that up for me. Now I know what I need to order.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor