LT1 SWAP IN AN 83 CUTLASS

Status
Not open for further replies.

8T7SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2008
Re: LT1 SWAP

Jarvis, I think Major Bill has got his installed and had some issues the last time I talked to him not running good or something ???. Mine runs great! I swaped a 1995 Caprice police car PCM to mine and holly cow she runs way good now ! But it's winter here and she's been under a cover for 3 months now :( ... i'll try to post my short video i took after finishing it for you. :wink:

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
Id like it so much ,if someone would have pics or write up of the harness mods to make the LT1 run in my cutlass

i`m old schooll those electronics are killing me
I have the 700R4 no need for transmission harness ....it should be simple but still for me it`s yarkkkk

Dan

8T7SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2008
Dan, Are you going with the stock injection and soforth ?? give me some more details and I'll try to help you as much as I can . Let me know what you are keeping and what is going and I'll do the best I can.

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
I have the stock intake , twin 52mmm t/body , injectors
all stock parts from the LT1 even the harness is stock impala ss 95
I have a 700R4 so no need for the transmission harness , no EGR ,

problem for me is : I never did an injection conversion .....and I know it`s been done without buying a painless harness!|

I want to convert my stock cutlass harness/ impala ss harness so that the injection runs with the impala PCM .....

thanks for the help ! :wink:

8T7SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2008
Do you need the wiring diagrams for the LT1? If so PM me your fax # and I'll send them to you. I would keep the entire power train i.e. the 4L60E trans but if the 4L60 (700R4) you have is built then I can understand why you would keep it. I would first mark everything while removing it from the LT1. I don't know if it's still in the car so I'll assume that it is. Just mark everything when you disconnect it. makes ity easier when reinstalling it. off the top of my head I did not keep the AIR pump or wiring,ABS, traction control... you should keep the under hood electrical center ..the one on the rt inner fender. It has the cooling fan relays in it. I removed several Maxi fuses.I just layed it out on the garage floor and started removing things I knew I did not need. As far as hooking it up to your Cutty that easy. We'll cross that later
Probably best to Email me here : [email protected] for further instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor