LT1 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr hyde

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 26, 2013
I bought a 1994 buick roadmaster donor car to transfer the motor and 4l60e trans in to my 1980 el camino. plan to keep it fuel injected and basically stock. I have pulled engine trans front accesories wiring and drive shaft. I plan on getting rid of this donor car this weekend if you can think of anything no matter how trivial please let me know before i get rid of the junker.

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
If it has the Electronic HVAC controls, they are worth pulling. PM me if you need more info, or check out my website.

mr hyde

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 26, 2013
Does anyone have suggestions on a pcm tuner? I am not looking to make major changes just eliminate vats, ac, shift points if possible on this set up. They only way i would want to get in to fuel and timing is if its way off which I know some of those minor changes could alter fuel and timing.

xodruxo

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2010
Denver, Dollarado
I would say the key bypass but then again that only came with the police cars let me know if there's anything I can help with considering I did one to my grand prix about a year n a half ago... pretty straight up swap for the most part... but ask and I shall tell buddy...

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
did the LT1 swap 2 years ago , but still carburated
Id like to put it EFI

Did you do the harnesss yourself ?

87ttop

Master Mechanic
Jan 8, 2011
chattanooga, tn
bigdan said:
did the LT1 swap 2 years ago , but still carburated
Id like to put it EFI

Did you do the harnesss yourself ?

I've got a painless wiring harness in my cutlass I bought from summit racing I used just to hook nut motor up, I got the factory intake, injectors and all I want to carb my motor for my c10. I'm parting out my cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor