Making a battery cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
I always wanted to buy one of them anvils, but always forget until when I need one. Soooo, I resort to a hammer and flathead screwdriver, then some marine grade heat shrink on some USA made Southwire welding cable.
Wow, that's a lot of smashing. You're a trooper! I've had one of these anvils for years and recommend it highly.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought mine from Temco Industrial many years ago and I use it to make new cables for everything, I just put my piece of heat shrink sleeve on before crimping and then slide it over when I am done.
Most of what I do is 1/0 so it works really well for that. many times I get my cable and ends from them also.

you can heat up the heat shrink sleeve sightly and it will slide over the copper end...and then shrink it...

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
you can heat up the heat shrink sleeve sightly and it will slide over the copper end...and then shrink it...
I find it easier to just plan ahead

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I find it easier to just plan ahead

Now that you made me think about it... I was talking about these and not shrink tubing

image.jpg

Jimmy Fallon Shame GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor