Manual Buckets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soba_03

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 28, 2008
Louisville Kentucky
1987 Cutlass, Manual Buckets.

On the drivers side seat, the bolt that the back latches onto. On the Drivers side there is heavy plastic covering the bolt/pin. It is completely different than the passengers side.

On the passengers side seat the bolt/pin the the seat back latches against is a steel pin with a plastic filler on the shank.

On the Drivers side seat the same bolt/pin has a heavy plastic cover that covers the bolt shank and head of the bolt, it also has a nut screwed on to the bolt. So in summary, its a pin/bolt that has a nut on it and is covered by a heavy plastic cover. It would appear that the pins are the support for the seat back.

Ok couple things I've noticed. The drivers side seat doesn't seem to have any latches that lock the seat back from moving forward. Additionally the pin on the drivers side is completely different than the pin's on the passengers side.

Does anyone have parts books that can identify the pin/bolt or a parts car that has manual seats that can take a look for me. Of course at the Garage this morning at 0500am and didn't take a camera.

I need to either know what the plastic piece is and does it belong? Is the Drivers side seat supose to have the same pin/bolt as the passengers side?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor