Manual Window Adjustment

ElkySS89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2024
I recently replaced all my weatherstripping and I'm having an issue getting the driver window to seat against the rubber. The window flops around and I can't get it to tighten. I moved the felts as tight to the glass as I can but the glass still flops outward and has no pressure against the weatherstripping. Does anyone know how to fix this?

with door panel off there is a plate with 2 bolts on top of the door towards the rear with a pin that lines up with a bracket on the glass move that ..getting the weatherstripping to line up is a bear make sure the door bushings are good and door is aligned first

Is that the only adjustment area that can fix this issue?

there are adjustments that adjust how high the window goes and one that moves it front to back some times when you put the door panel back on it tightens up ....is the pin i mentioned line up in the hole? did it line up before ? what bolts did you undo ?

Yea, the pin is there and it's maxed out as far in as it will go

1979 Fisher body manual.
Fig. 5-66.JPG

78.JPG

79.JPG

80.JPG

Reactions: Rktpwrd
in the first picture above ..number 15 and 26 thats what holds the top of the glass from floping in and out

1, 10, 12 ,15, 26 and 27 can all affect the in out alignment at the top. When aligned right and all the way up 15 and 26 secure it into place.

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd
check to see if anything is off track or broken or missing aligning these windows can make a pro pull his hair out you will get it with a little perspiration and perseverance

Anyone that's reading this post in the future should note that my 78 Malibu did not come with parts 15 and 26. I'm not sure what year that mechanism was introduced, but my doors did not have them.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor