Matte Black GBody??

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many cans of the john deere blitz would it take for a good paint job?

Bigge91 said:

Lets ask Mr Owl

mr_owl.jpg

TURNA said:
Bigge91 said:

Lets ask Mr Owl

mr_owl.jpg

LMAO that just made my day

I just bought 2 spray cans of the stuff at my local JD dealer so that I can see what it is like first hand. I am currently trying to decide between Blitz Black and just a regular gloss black for my Cutlass.

For a test spray I just did a real quick spray on the F Body spoiler I pulled last week, man did the fresh spray bring out all the lil scratches in that thing :lol: . Good thing I was planning on sanding it all back down anyway. It was just the handiest part I had available to give a quick spray to see how I like it. If I like it (and so far its looking good) I can have the shop order me a couple gallon cans.

79_GBody said:
Not mine, just another SS from pro-touring.com the I like.
Picture926.jpg

Picture924.jpg

Picture899.jpg

Picture930.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

sorry to hijack this, but does anybody know what the wheel and tire specs are on this?? looks sick.... I'm guessing there was a frame notch/tubs in the rear?

I'm doing my car matte blue and I think some of you are confusing flat for matte...matte is actually in-between flat and eggshell...

silent_orchestra said:
sorry to hijack this, but does anybody know what the wheel and tire specs are on this?? looks sick.... I'm guessing there was a frame notch/tubs in the rear?

Looks like there's plenty of room to spare to me, no notching required.
I wanna do a satin black on my car too. Someday I'll get rid of the damned safety orange :puke:

well mileybu is flat black and i dont think i recomend it. bein black it gets dirty easy so then i wash it and its been washed so many times its kinda started to like buff the paint. places that use to be flat are turning into a satin finish

silent_orchestra said:

not sure on specs but probablly close to $700 per wheel.

jgutta2345 said:
I think this John Deere Blitz Black Paint is nice.
If you want a finish that is uniform and durable and well... not primer, I would only recomend 1 thing, PPG Flex N' Flat Clearcoat. That stuff is fantastic! You spray it just like any base clear system, over any color(you mentioned blue?). It also(with in reason) gives you a finish that can(relativly) be easily duplicated down the road, where as any primer that has been out in the sun for more than a few weeks(no primers are really UV resistant as they are intended as an undercoat) will never be duplicated as its finish gets duller as the sun breaks it down. Thats why EVERY black primer car WILL eventualy turn into a ratty/stripey mess! :puke:

This is just my opinion but its your car.

P.S. Want to know what I tell people when they ask about a cheaper price at the bodyshop for a flat paintjob, to do it right it will cost MORE to do your car flat than shiney. All the matirials are the same but you also have to buy urethane clear flattener(already mixed into Flex N' Flat), you will save on wetsand and buff time as you cant buff it out, but on the same note, I take more time prepping and painting as it has to come out of the gun perfect! I am not dogging on flat paint jobs at all, I think they realy can make a car look sinister :twisted: , but only if they are done right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor