MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread w/ Carnage

Well i have managed to stockpile some more parts lol.

UPS showed up at my house today with my comp ultra pro mag 1.6 7/16 roller rockers.
went down to Bethel NC last weekend and picked up a 78-80 sport couple turbo hood so now i have an undamaged one. Also picked up a set of lower door panels to use my 6.5 components in my doors, front bumper fillers, all new door hinges and my trim clips. Always excited getting parts for the car. now to get over this little ailment and back to work on it here soon

Spare room at the house is starting to look like an autoparts store yet again. sub, amp, 5.25 speakers all came in. Also got in my Sound/heat insulation.

mebe007 said:
picked up a 78-80 sport couple turbo hood

8)

307 Regal said:
mebe007 said:
picked up a 78-80 sport couple turbo hood

8)

yeah thats for sure. its actually my second one. i still have my other one but ups trashed it and wouldnt do a thing about it insurance and all. sickening since its a rare piece. glad this one got taken off a car and safely placed in the bed of my truck
2012-08-10_11-54-57_264.jpg

2012-08-10_11-55-07_972.jpg

Have my follow up appointment with the cardiologist this friday and hopefully here gives me the all clear and ill be back to work on it soon enough

Okay so switched to a 1.6 ratio comp ultra pro mag rocker which changed pushrod length to 7.300". cleaned everything up, installed new 7.300" .080" wall thickness chromemoly hardened 1 piece pushrods along with my comp ultra pro mag rockers. Valves adjusted, top end getting buttoned back up. Need to re prime oil system and fire it back up. hope to do so very soon.

2012-08-19_15-04-48_576.jpg

2012-08-19_15-04-44_25.jpg

Nice come up on da hood.. Do the lines match up?

Lines match perfectly because it is a 78-80 only hood

WooHoo she lives again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after work today i primed the oil system once again and stabbed the distributor in. Got it right on the first try lol. fired it off and man does it sound good. no broken parts this time with the right pushrod length.

for some reason i lost quality on the upload

now all i have to do is finish hooking up the electric fans and figure out this msd digital ecurve distributor. its still set on a locked out timing curve. so i have to set total timing first the choose my curve. then tune the carb. then clean up some wiring and put the interior back in. finally getting there.

Heck yea, man!
I'm so jealous of that manual trans! :lol: I know that wasn't the point of the video but when I saw it again my A.D.D. started kicking in.

Lol man its all good. Everything about it makes me happy as hrll

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor