MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneagle

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2008
Oregon
Nice job on the car!! :)

I ran a B&M quicksilver which is simular to yours and it was a great shifter. Had no problems!

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
mebe007 said:
no i havent had a chance to use it yet, i am unfortunetly not done with the car yet. why did you hate the megashifter?
I switched form a stock style shifter to the rachet shifter, had problems getting the car into low gear and it wouldnt come out of gear sometimes goign into park.Hated the pull lever, much rather have a button, was overral unimpressed (some people like them)
I had it in my street stock, let another guy drive it, he had the same problems. Said forget it and went to a stock shifter on the floor, never had another problem.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
okay so hooker is trying to blame the header fitment issue on the fact that i have solid motor mounts. they are saying thats the whole problem and now they dont want to take care of me at all. this is total bs.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
headers

i feel for you, i to was screwed by hooker,i was not using solid mount's at the time i bought mine. the first problem was the upper control arm i had to cut a lot of it off so the front tube would'nt touch, then i had to dimple the same tube that your having problems with so it would'nt touch. an then the coating started rusting off!!! i called hooker about it an they told me to use brillo pad on the rust :? after that did'nt work i called hooker again and was told to just pull them off and send to california and they would take a look at them ?? what was i gonna do about getting to work with no car and was told thats not there problem :evil: so needless to say after they rusted apart i replaced them with headman elite :D hooker can kiss my old southern *ss!!!

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Re: heres my 1980 regal limited,nearing completion, new pics

ok so havent updated this in some time. but i have alot of parts on the way and soon as i get back to work on her i will have some new pictures. got a whole stockpile of parts i have been collecting over the past year or so, so its about time to put them in.

heres what i have to install:

HD Boxed Lower Control Arms
HD Rear Sway Bar
Tubular Upper Rear Control Arms
Auburn Pro Posi 28spline
3.73 Ring and Pinion
Mosier 28 Spline Hardened Axles
Trick Flow Rear Support Cover
Grant Mahogany Steering Wheel
Autometer Phantom Trans Temp Guage
Transmission Cooler
Fender to Core Support Braces
79 Turbo Hood
15x8 Corvette Rally Wheels (for the Rear)

now i need a 2 pod pillar to put the transmission temp gauge in and maybe a vacuum guage
also i want to switch to electric fans and get rid of this flex fan. it does a great job of cooling but is just so loud.

SmooveG

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2009

I have some hooker 2250's that I used in my 80 regal but I had to dent a pipe to get them in.
This round I'm running hedmans and from what I can tell they fit nicely even with a T56 :twisted:
I should be on the road next year as my project started as a rusted main brake line and transformed
into a frame off comlpete with frame notch and T56.

Good lck on your project G

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

yeah after they sent me a new set they didnt fit quite right either so i had to dent 1 primary tube on the passenger side slightly with a 5/8 socket. id kind of be interested to try their super comps large tubes as it puts 1 tube around the frame rail. i really wanted to run dougs headers but unfortunately did not have the money

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

well i know its been some time but i was away at school. now i m back to work full time and will be back to work on the car. so soon to be updated

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010

I had an '80 some years ago and really miss that car! Looks like yours is coming along nicely.

If you haven't fixed your header gasket problem yet, here's a little secret. Just use the stock exhaust manifold gaskets! They're steel core and won't blow out. You can also start your header bolts and slip them between since they're individual. No need in spending excessive money on specialty gaskets. The collectors are a different story though.

One other piece of advice is to ditch the spacer and flex fan because you won't like it. It creates drag on the engine and feels like you should be shifting to another gear constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor