MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: heres my 1980 regal limited,nearing completion, new pics

Ok so new plans since its bonus time at work.

I'm going to ditch the magnum roller tip rockers for full rollers, so these will be for sale.
I'm planning on an aluminum radiator with elec fans and pitching the noisy flex fan

And my next area of contemplation is if I want to ditch the heat or just get the aftermarket ac delete box ( I'm tired of staring at the ac left overs)

As far as the roller rockers go I have yet to be able to decide on a brand

just an update got her in the air. changed lower ball joints and put in my hotchkis front springs.

decided on the scorpion roller rockers

also waiting on my champion 4 core aluminum radiator, shroud and twin electric fans, new end links and bushings, bilstien HD shocks for all 4 corners and a couple of other goodies.
oh yes and my valve covers wouldn't fit so i had to order tall covers so its always something. all i know is it is nice to finally be in a position where i can get back to work on her. i havent driven her since 2006 and its about time. everything in my sig has been done since it has been off the road so its killing me

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

found a picture i had when i mounted up the steering wheel. i think it looks pretty good.

wheel.jpg

Re: heres my 1980 regal limited w/ new updates

Ok another update: since I had the motor out I figured its be a good time to ditch the rest of the ac.
So here is what accomplished this weekend

IMAG0018-1.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

Not to bad if I say so myself. I haven't done any lay up work in years so I'm pleased. And it saved me a lot of money over delete boxes and I got to keep the heat. Def looks better than ac components sticking out of firewall

ok so i got some stuff done. cleaned up the whole engine bay and spray bombed it. still have to do some more loom work.

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

while the motor was out i decided to paint the intake. the bare aluminum was staining so easy that i figured paint would cleanup without harsh chemicals. also decided to paint my aluminum high flow water pump black, (all accessories will be black w/ polished pulleys)
IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

now i went to install my scorpion roller rockers and ran into an issue. ordered an adustable pushrod to see if i can get it all straightened out
IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

also got the front hotchkis springs in, new lower ball joints, rear hotchkis springs and rear bilstien hd shocks. also put in new poly end links up front. so i have made some progress but not there yet. still have to put the bilstiens in up front along with new upper and lower bump stops. then out back i have to swap the gears to my 3.73 and posi carrier along with my mosier axles and support cover. then its time to put in my tubular rear uppers and boxed lowers with rear sway bar.

as for the front i have stainless transmission cooler lines from inline tube, 4core alluminum rad, elec fan shroud and dual 12" fans. then i have to wire it all up along with my trans temp gauge and vac gauge.

so some progress but a ways to go

Those rockers don't look to be the self-aligning style, and it doesn't appear that you have screw in studs with guide plates. Pretty certain you need one or the other. I think if you had the guide plates you wouldn't have any clearance issues with the rockers but you will need screw in studs.

jrm81bu said:
Those rockers don't look to be the self-aligning style, and it doesn't appear that you have screw in studs with guide plates. Pretty certain you need one or the other. I think if you had the guide plates you wouldn't have any clearance issues with the rockers but you will need screw in studs.

i have self aligning heads. i was told by scorpion that i didnt need to have self aligning rockers.

IMAG0045.jpg

i dont think those pushrods are going anywhere

That would work fine for a stamped steel rocker, but I wouldn't be thrilled with it for a full aluminum roller rocker. It may be fine, I just wanted to caution you.

explain to me the difference if you dont mind? for guide plates the would only be a little higher up than the factory slots. i know the newer heads need guide plates because they are more of a hole than a guided head

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor