MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Re: heres my 1980 regal limited w/ new updates

Partly cause like you said they would be higher. Plus the guide plate locations are based of from the studs them selves, not cast in. That way they are in direct relationship with where the studs are, and there are also adjustable guide plates for if stuff don't line up well. You may be fine anyways, I was just being cautious.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

ok so my build has gone so far off budget and time limit its not funny. so i have some updates to make but ill have pictures sometime or another.

Engine:
Ok so i broke the motor down and the block is at the machine shop being honed, decked. All my motor parts came in today. she will be going back together soon enough.

Parts list:
Profiler 195 cc 64cc alluminum heads with port work by chad speier
Edelbrock performer rpm intake with gasket matched to 1206 and ported by chad speier
KB +.060" #231 pistons 2valve relief 6cc
Scat forged 5.7 rods
Howards retro roller cam PN: 110265-12 (.533 .548 234/242@ 50)
cloyes billet roller timing set with torrington bearing
Cloyes 2 piece from cover

Ignition:
MSD Digital E Curve
MSD 6A Box
MSD Blaster SS coil
MSD Super conductor 8.5mm wires

Fuel System:
Planning on getting the F.A.S.T. EZ EFI setup with a grand national fuel tank w/ in tank pump (Still need)

Rear End:
8.5 out of an 87 grand national w/ 3.42 gears
moser 28 spline hardened axles
moser girdle rear cover
S10 wheel cylinders for rear brakes

Transmission:
TH350 w/ 36 element sprag, Auto/manual valve body, deep aluminum cast pan, red frictions
Hughes 3,000 Stall

Suspension:
C3 Fab rear tubular upper control arms
HR Parts N Stuff Rear lower control arms w/ rear sway bar
UMI rear control arm braces (connects upper and lower control arm mounts)
Hotchkis lower springs on all 4 corners
energy bump stops and sway bar links
fender to core support braces
GP bar
Jounce Bars
radiator support x braces
making a custom front and rear frame horn braces
bilstien hd shocks on all 4 corners
jeep steering shaft

Body:
picked up all trim that i was missing
picked up an excellent condition front bumper.
need fillers and paint.

extras:
Line lock

no real picture updates so to speak of but i will throw these out there. i completley stripped the 8.5 down to bare metal. prepped with ospho. then primed with rustolium primer and painted with rustolium gloss black (brushed on)

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota

looks good man. from what i have gathered building up my car is that you will go way over budget and way past your time frame you set to do it all in. but that is the nature of the beast.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Yeah thats Def the nature of the beast. It's so gonna be worth the wait or at least I hope it is.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota

says you have a auto/manual valve body. what brand and whered you get it?

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

im planning on a hughes. i like hughes stuff. i may sell my th350 and get a full hughes unit. i like warranties. or i may keep mine on the shelf as a spare. it has a coan racing full manual reverse valve body. but im not gonna lie ive also had dreams of a clutch pedal. just havent made up my mind.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

oh lord so now im faced with the most difficult decision of my entire build; What color should i paint my motor? :twisted:

oh lord did he seriously just ask that :wink:

no so anyways i would just like an opinion or 2 here. so currently i have it painted Chevrolet Blue, not GM Corporate blue. I have aluminum heads and an aluminum intake. my valve covers are the edelbrock elites which as most know are polished aluminum with black powder in the accents. ill be running the matching air cleaner. i have an aluminum water pump but i painted it black along with the power steering pump and alternator. i have high polished billet alt and power steering brackets. also running a cloyes polished cover

so my question here is should i paint the motor bock black or keep it blue. only other color under the hood is red msd stuff. so im just wondering which way would look the cleanest.

also i have been debating having my intake powdercoated in what they call liquid chrome which is kind of a polished aluminum look, but i am kind of skeptical on it. i just glass beaded my manifold and it is nice and clean although my glass was fresh and very abrasive still so its on the rough side. any opinions here.

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

suffrn6

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2011
saint john, nb canada

Why not paint it the same color as your car. Would look good with the black and polished accesories.

Chris

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

well the car will be 2 tone :twisted: silver and charcoal. i just want it to look as clean as possible and for some reason it seems like no matter how much ive always loved the blue it will tend to clash a little

suffrn6

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2011
saint john, nb canada

Are you leaving the engine bay all black? If so I think that the block would look good painted charcoal. I think the blue would not look right with the color scheme you are going with. That is just me though, not a fan of blue on engines. Kinda makes me think FORD when I see a blue engine :shock: . Good luck on your decision.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor