MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: heres my 1980 regal limited w/ new updates

everything in the engine compartment is either gloss black or polished aluminum with the exception of the red msd stuff. no other colors.

ide paint it charcoal.

I would paint it "cast iron coat". Its pretty much charcoal heres mine:
engine.jpg

I now have the edelbrock elites with air cleaner but its in the car so I cant get a good pic.

Just another update:

I will be building my motor monday evening after work. all my parts came in except for my piston rings. They are supposed to be here mon so hopefully it will work out. I also took all of my polished aluminum and my intake to get powdercoated clear. so no more polishing or stained intake for me. its really nice having friends in the industry. anyways heres a couple teasers.

IMAG0260-1.jpg

IMAG0261-1.jpg

IMAG0262-1.jpg

more to come. looks great so far.

also im super excited as i am going to pick up a nice muncie tomorrow. its official, Im going 4 speed swap. bellhousing is also on its way. now just to piece the rest of it together.

Well its official. I'm finally a 4 speed man. Picked up my late model m20 today with fine spline input and turbo 400 output. This thing looks mint inside

MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread

got to work on the motor tonight. all was well with some bumps in the road. apparently you cant use the nice 12 point stainless arp bolt with the cloyes cover, so we had to grind them down a bit to fit. that was fine. next issue was the powder coater got powder in places he wasnt supposed to. so had to spend some time cleaning it out. lastly was the most upsetting. my heads were ordered with 3/8 studs and tonight we realized they were shipped with 7/16 studs. so now i need new rocker arms.

so anyways we got together everything we could this evening. now just waiting to get new rockers and finish it up. my buddy and i assembled it this evening in the machine shop at which he works.

IMAG0269-1.jpg

IMAG0270-1.jpg

IMAG0271-1.jpg

IMAG0272-1.jpg

IMAG0273-1.jpg

IMAG0274-1.jpg

IMAG0275-1.jpg

IMAG0276-1.jpg

IMAG0277-1.jpg

IMAG0280-1.jpg

IMAG0279-1.jpg

IMAG0278-1.jpg

IMAG0281-1.jpg

IMAG0282-1.jpg

IMAG0282-1.jpg

IMAG0283-1.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0288-1.jpg

IMAG0289-1.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0290-1.jpg

IMAG0294.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

Re: MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread

ok so i am torn on what to do now. Chad Speier said he can send me new rocker studs in 3/8" free of charge and i can use the rockers i have. but would i be better off just selling them and getting 7/16" rockers? also i just got off the line with summit and they will take them back with a 10% restocking fee so this seems like the logical way to go i guess

now another area of concern that i did not think of at all. the heads are d port. how well will that work with the hooker 2451 headers i have and if it wont what will and also fit with the manual clutch linkage?

I have D-ports on my L98 heads, and am using Flowtech headers that are very similar in design to the Hooker 2451s
... they seem to work well without any work

you can try adding material to the flange and then dremel'ing it away?

thats good to know. hopefully they will work. now im waiting on summit to get me my new correct rocker arms. 7/16 stud scorpions. went ahead and stepped up to a 1.6 ratio while i was at it.

Well guys I am back. Life has gotten in the way bigtime. Finally was able to finish up my motor sun evening. So here she is

IMAG0664.jpg

Now as far as headers go, the gaskets for my hooker 2451 seem to block a good amount of the port. Now I know schoenfield makes a d port that will fit but doesn't clear ac box or the manual clutch linkage. I don't care about the ac box as I have already modified it so I should be fine, but I have to have them work with the manual clutch linkage. I wonder if the hedman huslers will work in the 1 3/4" flavor. Any input would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor