Meet The Pig's Cousin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I like it. Don't see many clean early cars with that early half size placard over the glovebox.

If you do decide to engine swap it, I may have interest in the engine/drivetrain. Also, that cruise solenoid off the driver fender...

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Time to add a vote for a name...

And drive train swap, I vote series 2 supercharged 3800.
I agree. 200-4R and a supercharged 3.8L would make for an awesome daily driver that gets good gas mileage and could cruise the country in comfort.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have had my eye on this car for a while. Thursday it was by the Highway for sale. I got the number off the car and called him. Usually they say they want like 3000 bucks for a car like this, but when he said 1500 I asked to see it. I stopped after work Friday and looked it over. I got it bought for 1400. I think it was a pretty solid deal? Even though I am not ready to start another project yet, cars like this are hard to find here for that kind of money. So you have to buy them when you find them. The plan is to build a daily driver out of it that I can take anywhere and haul my kids. View attachment 175527 View attachment 175528 View attachment 175529 View attachment 175530 View attachment 175531 View attachment 175532 It has the computer controlled 3.8 engine unfortunately, but runs really well. It has 70000 miles on the car. It has been well maintained. The only real thing that is bad is the bottom of the door are rusty and the outer door skin on the front passenger door is thin. The frame and the rest of the car is mint. It even came with a trunk full of neat stuff. View attachment 175533 Getting the car home on the other hand was eventful. I showed up yesterday with the truck and trailer to haul it home. When I went to jack the tilt bed trailer up the tong of the trailer dropped to the ground. It broke at the hinge point. So ratchet strapped it together. I took the truck and trailer to my work and left it. The guy give me a ride back to his house. So ended up driving the car home. It is no speed demon, but drivers pretty good. Later I dug out a set of GTA wheels I have and put those on the car. Looks much better now. Sorry no pictures of that yet. I might switch insurance from my GS to this car and drive it the rest of the summer the way it is? Kind of a fun car. Now I am heading to work to see if I can fix my trailer? What do you guys think of my new ride?
Love it! No way I could have passed it up for that price. You have room for it so it's a killer buy.

I'd keep it just like it is at least for this summer. You already have fast cars. Something with a little more muscle with an overdrive and a gear swap wouldn't hurt for long term but less is more. Keep the car as much like it is appearance wise as you can. It's got personality. Some F41 goodies to tighten it up would be nice.

A supercharged 3.8 with a 200-4R would be cool.

Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Not to rain on your parade, but what about a low-mile 3.6L and transmission from a Cadillac CTS or Camaro? Fuel economy and reliability. Despite the naysayers, GM fielded a lot of these…and you could buy a smashed up car and swap everything without the massive rewiring job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Not to rain on your parade, but what about a low-mile 3.6L and transmission from a Cadillac CTS or Camaro? Fuel economy and reliability. Despite the naysayers, GM fielded a lot of these…
It's a 'different' car, so a different drivertrain would be ultra cool.

• Agree

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
It's a 3.8 car, the engine will last even though it makes no power.

My 3.8 century wagon burned a quart every 150 miles but I drove it daily for 2 summers and I couldn't blow it up.

I'd keep it stock and enjoy it. Maybe throw some new shocks and a rear swap bar on it and say it's good.

Although the 110hp is hardly sufficient for city traffic in DSM or MSP its not terrible in rural IA.

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
It's a 3.8 car, the engine will last even though it makes no power.

My 3.8 century wagon burned a quart every 150 miles but I drove it daily for 2 summers and I couldn't blow it up.

I'd keep it stock and enjoy it. Maybe throw some new shocks and a rear swap bar on it and say it's good.

Although the 110hp is hardly sufficient for city traffic in DSM or MSP its not terrible in rural IA.
I believe what you are saying is 75 shot of N2O?

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor