Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Much better buy than this local $1500 car

This is the sort of nonsense we deal with locally...sedan, roller, no title

I'm 99% certain that I looked at this car as an estate sale car about 3 years ago. Same color, same interior, same rust hole in bottom of quarter (was full of rags)

I guess it was 4 years ago

u1xKhh.jpg

Last edited:

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Thanks for all the feedback guys. My thinking is along the line of 81cutlass. It needs a rear anti roll bar in the back. I probably will put the coilover shocks I have off the Monte on this car. Then I think it would drive even better. I would not want to drive this car with 3.8 in a big city every day, but where I live it would be fine. Even though it is slow, it is fun and comfortable to drive. Ultimately I think the supercharged engine out of my GS would be a good engine for this car and my needs. The problem with that is the throttle body would be pointed at the fire wall. Originally I bought a slew of parts to put a Series Two in my Black car, but changed my mind. I have a low mile 4l60e transmission for a v6 Commaro, all the Commaro engine parts and harnesses, and a complete front wheel drive engine with 20000 miles on it waiting. I have a lot of other projects that need to be done before I can even think about an engine swap in this car. Good to have a plan though.

Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If it runs, drives and is enjoyable, then enjoy it until you have the time and resources to get whatever done to it that you want to do to it. Until then..............enjoy.

Too many project sucks - driving this car every week - doesn't suck (hehe).

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I don't plan on doing anything to the body of car. Maybe make or replace the bumper fillers if I can find them. The idea is it will be my daily beater eventually. So the body and interior will probably get trashed over the years. So it will probably give up the frame and drive train to a future project someday. Here is a picture of it with the GTA wheels on it.
20210516_115735.jpg
On the other news. Fixed this mess today.
20210516_133713.jpg
The hinge pipes are all rusted solid and falling apart.
20210516_133726.jpg
So I guess when I have been tilting the trailer it has been flexing on brace plate. Not a easy fix. So my trailer is no longer a tilt bed.
20210516_174745.jpg
20210516_174757.jpg
I still have to repair the wiring and make ramps and then we will be back in business again.

Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
If it runs, drives and is enjoyable, then enjoy it until you have the time and resources to get whatever done to it that you want to do to it. Until then..............enjoy.

Too many project sucks - driving this car every week - doesn't suck (hehe).
Yep exactly.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Holden makes the elbow to swing the TB around, as they have SC 3800s in RWD, N/S engine orientation.
Need to paint the wheel centers gold.
The 3.8 will run forever; stick some 15w-40 in it. Plan your traffic moves far ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Thanks for all the feedback guys. My thinking is along the line of 81cutlass. It needs a rear anti roll bar in the back. I probably will put the coilover shocks I have off the Monte on this car. Then I think it would drive even better. I would not want to drive this car with 3.8 in a big city every day, but where I live it would be fine. Even though it is slow, it is fun and comfortable to drive. Ultimately I think the supercharged engine out of my GS would be a good engine for this car and my needs. The problem with that is the throttle body would be pointed at the fire wall. Originally I bought a slew of parts to put a Series Two in my Black car, but changed my mind. I have a low mile 4l60e transmission for a v6 Commaro, all the Commaro engine parts and harnesses, and a complete front wheel drive engine with 20000 miles on it waiting. I have a lot of other projects that need to be done before I can even think about an engine swap in this car. Good to have a plan though.
So not even a 50 shot? Or 35 for passing on the highway?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
I have had my eye on this car for a while. Thursday it was by the Highway for sale. I got the number off the car and called him. Usually they say they want like 3000 bucks for a car like this, but when he said 1500 I asked to see it. I stopped after work Friday and looked it over. I got it bought for 1400. I think it was a pretty solid deal? Even though I am not ready to start another project yet, cars like this are hard to find here for that kind of money. So you have to buy them when you find them. The plan is to build a daily driver out of it that I can take anywhere and haul my kids. View attachment 175527 View attachment 175528 View attachment 175529 View attachment 175530 View attachment 175531 View attachment 175532 It has the computer controlled 3.8 engine unfortunately, but runs really well. It has 70000 miles on the car. It has been well maintained. The only real thing that is bad is the bottom of the door are rusty and the outer door skin on the front passenger door is thin. The frame and the rest of the car is mint. It even came with a trunk full of neat stuff. View attachment 175533 Getting the car home on the other hand was eventful. I showed up yesterday with the truck and trailer to haul it home. When I went to jack the tilt bed trailer up the tong of the trailer dropped to the ground. It broke at the hinge point. So ratchet strapped it together. I took the truck and trailer to my work and left it. The guy give me a ride back to his house. So ended up driving the car home. It is no speed demon, but drivers pretty good. Later I dug out a set of GTA wheels I have and put those on the car. Looks much better now. Sorry no pictures of that yet. I might switch insurance from my GS to this car and drive it the rest of the summer the way it is? Kind of a fun car. Now I am heading to work to see if I can fix my trailer? What do you guys think of my new ride?
Looks super clean. Not a fan of 4 doors but straight. Cool ride.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You must not have kids and carseats?
Bonus points for coupes and cars seats:

No door handles to pull open, no windows to un roll and throw things out of, etc etc.

IMO if coupes were good enough for me and my two sisters growing up (aside from arguments who would sit on the hump) they're good enough for today's kids too.

Also, groups don't ask you to drive because they don't want to get stuck back there. Win, win, and win.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor