Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yep! I just picture cheers as a more canadian way of speaking. Maybe I'm wrong.
In either case, it pretty much means the same thing. It's just a matter of preference. L'chaim! used for the Yiddish persuasion.;)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Belated Christmas beer. Staropolskie lager. Very tasty, actually. Na zdrowie.
The last image was a surprise.
IMG_9522.jpeg

IMG_9521.jpeg

IMG_9523.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
ssn696- my relatives in Slovakia brought me some 10% beer. They claimed that if you could not drink 10 of those- you were a pansy. I guess I'm a pansy because that would probably kill me..................................................................................................................................................................................................
331e123bf89df5838485c73be53099b3.jpg

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Ernest, at least you could have some Jack to go with that Coke. I can't even do that.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So this Saturday past was Ukrainian Christmas Eve for those who still follow the Julian Calendar and although I am neither Ukrainian or Julian I decided it was an opportunity to put something sort of special on the table for the night's supper.

That something was a small Pot Roast, complete with a side of red potatoes.

Turned out to be enough pot roast that I was able to re-recycle it; had the absolute leftovers for brunch this morning.

DSCN3943.JPG

DSCN3944.JPG

Viscerally it may not look like much to the mark 1 mod 0 eyeball but the roast was tender and the meat could be cut by a fork. Accompanied it with a mug of hot Lemon Tea.

I guess the take away here is that anyone can cook a full up supper of many courses but it will be the quality of the leftovers that truly tell the tale of the feast.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Leftovers? I went looking for something to eat the next day only to find out they cleaned us out! But then my Wifey's cooking is better than any restaurant. And my youngest Daughter- whom I never considered a good cook- is even better than her Mom. It is hard not to get fat around here!

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Leftovers? I went looking for something to eat the next day only to find out they cleaned us out! But then my Wifey's cooking is better than any restaurant. And my youngest Daughter- whom I never considered a good cook- is even better than her Mom. It is hard not to get fat around here!
Many times leftovers taste better days later than the original meal. I usually notice that with soups. I guess that could account for leftovers not lingering around too long.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I've put chili up for a few days to let the seasonings really hit, that is one that it works with. Smoked food still tastes good a few days later because that flavor will hold.

There are definitely some tho, yea you eat it as it's prepared. Leftovers are horrible.

Long time ago was dating a girl she made a shrimp gumbo and didn't know how fast shrimp spoiled. I was away from the house a couple days came back and could smell it walking in the door. One of them dump it in a ditch in the next county..

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor