Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Mikester, that's not a stone, that's a boulder!! Best wishes and hopes that the Doc can tease it out without too much grief. A bit gruesome and nasty but you might ask him to hang on to the culprit so you can embed it in clear resin and turn it into a paperweight; make it do something positive for you.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mikester, that's not a stone, that's a boulder!! Best wishes and hopes that the Doc can tease it out without too much grief. A bit gruesome and nasty but you might ask him to hang on to the culprit so you can embed it in clear resin and turn it into a paperweight; make it do something positive for you.

Nick
Nick, Im pretty sure hes going to use the laser to bust it up into smaller pieces. I'd hate to think hes going to drag it out of my body whole. LOL

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've had both. Is there a difference? Meanwhile we are getting fat on Kolaczki. My doctor complains about my yearly weight gain. He doesn't understand what Hunky Christmas cooking is all about. :mrgreen:..................................................................................................................................
polish-kolaczki-recipe-1136953-step-08-02-193eb7803b464c348766544212a346a5.jpg
See, thats the thing, I dont know if there IS a difference physically other than the dye, and, my research shows it is supposed to be edible for people.

That said, the pink wafers are supposed to be reserved for the animals and/or family pet in deference to the animals and honor of their role in the family, and to honor their presence at the Manger greeting baby Jesus. Nothing wrong with people using the pink, but, usually it means someone was trying to stretch the supply thin and use the animal portions for people.

Those kolacki look great to me. This year the chrusciki didn't happen for me, i skipped desert. Chemo, and the heart changes it has driven thus far, is a *&^%$ and energy is just plain and simple not there to let us do all we want. I'm hoping to make some for new years though. I did make my fruitcake though this morning while waiting for everyone to get up - all jokes aside, this is one people actually like to eat lol...

Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Welp, christmas has past and now time to move forward, to one and all.... Happy New Year 2024!

happy new year.gif

Reactions: 6 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Nothing wrong with people using the pink,
Good to know. That would be the least of the worries. We let the eldest walk around blessing each forehead with a piece of oplatki dipped in honey, and saying something sweet or embarrassing to everyone there. So you get a sticky forehead on top of all the rest. I'm Slovak, my wife is Hungarian, so lots of strange customs that don't make sense. Here's to a new year where I hope to see LESS doctors!

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And regretfully, I cannot salute you for Christmas in either language. We got exposed to many different languages when I was young due to the grade school that I attended being something of a dumping ground for new to the country immigrants in my city. The social logic of the time and era was to get them integrated into Canadian society as quickly as possible and that mean as crash course in how to speak "English" A lot of the parents never did get around to learning english although they were very fluent in many other languages. The kids got it from both sides as they had to spend 8 hours in public school and then another 2 -3 in an ethnic school so they could learn their home language and customs as well. A lot of the kids elected to prefer English which made their parents angry but the kids knew they needed english to be able to understand the rest of the curriculum and beyond that to find work.

However it just occurred to me that all is not lost.........................

So, in Slovak, I wish you “Šťastné a veselé Vianoce” which my translator tells me means a "Happy and Merry Christmas" and

in Hungarian, "Merry Christmas!" is "Boldog karácsonyt!". Again according to my translator. Apparently there are variants according to the formality of the occasion or to whom the greeting is being made.

Hope I got them right,

Oh yeah, Nice Steak but just a couple of minutes too rare for me; now if that was Prime Rib..............

CopperNick

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
And regretfully, I cannot salute you for Christmas in either language. We got exposed to many different languages when I was young due to the grade school that I attended being something of a dumping ground for new to the country immigrants in my city. The social logic of the time and era was to get them integrated into Canadian society as quickly as possible and that mean as crash course in how to speak "English" A lot of the parents never did get around to learning english although they were very fluent in many other languages. The kids got it from both sides as they had to spend 8 hours in public school and then another 2 -3 in an ethnic school so they could learn their home language and customs as well. A lot of the kids elected to prefer English which made their parents angry but the kids knew they needed english to be able to understand the rest of the curriculum and beyond that to find work.

However it just occurred to me that all is not lost.........................

So, in Slovak, I wish you “Šťastné a veselé Vianoce” which my translator tells me means a "Happy and Merry Christmas" and

in Hungarian, "Merry Christmas!" is "Boldog karácsonyt!". Again according to my translator. Apparently there are variants according to the formality of the occasion or to whom the greeting is being made.

Hope I got them right,

Oh yeah, Nice Steak but just a couple of minutes too rare for me; now if that was Prime Rib..............

CopperNick
Na Zdrowie works for me, roughly translated to Cheers!

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor