Met with my Chassis guy today, BIG plans 4 the Malibu in 09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigny

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2008
Long Island, New York
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i met up with a guy here in the aera that has his own racecar shop. Really cool guy and we went over the Malibu and hatched out a plan for next year. I want to put a big tire back there (like 32x15x15), so im gonna go with a backhalf, but using the stock framerails and moving them in with full tubs, thus saving me some tin work and a little $. The rear will get narrowed, new axles. Also a new ladder bar setup with coilovers. He will lower the front, correcting the stance. The car has a 6 pt cage in it but the guy wasant too keen on having someone elses cage tagged with his work (and the cage isnt the best), so hes gonna do a full like 12 pt. cage also bringing the tubes through to the front framerails, all new aluminum door panels rear side panels, and a new aluminum dash for the car. $5500 bucks for the whole shebang, not a bad deal at all!!!!Im gonna get started after the new year!!!!

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
price sounds a little too good.. did you see any other cars he did? did you talk to the people who owned these cars? have you mentioned his name at the local dragstrip? I have seen hacks that took peoples money for that job that was supposed to be done right. for cash paid up front..estimates too good to be true... Hmmm. Just don't pay for the entire job until you have the car back the way it's supposed to be done.
Just lookin out..

Hope things work out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor