Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Cruising the YouTubes this morning and this pops up. I'm like, "I wonder...."

and while I don't speak any spanish past si and carne asada... holy sh*t, here's one in the flesh

Chrome mirrors, Pontiac dash, dana rear end (but looks like they replace it with a standard 7.5" ??) , checkerboard wheels (that they replace :mad: ) , wood steering wheel, four speed...

If you needed any more proof they're real... here it is

Reactions: 8 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Chris,
I think the original Mexican Monte SS did not have the aero nose on it and had the checkerboard wheels. This is from what I recall years back.
It had the Pontiac dash, 4-spd manual trans, Dana rear.

Last edited:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Chris,
I think the original Mexican Monte SS did not have the aero nose on it and had the checkerboard 14" wheels. This is from what I recall years back.
It had the Pontiac dash, 4-spd manual trans, Dana rear.

from the advertising literature that changed my mind...

full

Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Also came with the LM1 350 engine.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Interesting video. The 15” checkerboard wheels were original equipment according to the video. Francisco The star soccer referee wanted the aftermarket rims because they were larger. The original Dana rear end was removed when another shop installed the rear disc brakes. What a great birthday present!

Last edited:

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
I have the driver's side mirror like that on my monte, theres one Longmont CO its blue with stripes on it been sitting 15-16 years now when I first saw it I thought some tool put in that Pontiac dash lol it's all complete too except one fender was changed to a white one

• Wow

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Man, I really wish I took Spanish in High School instead of French so I could understand those conversations :D.

Cool video, thanks for sharing. Quite a random find but nice to see the work done.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If I recall, there was a member years back that was driving one back from Mexico. I forgot where his final destination was with the car.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor