Mexican Monte Carlo SS Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
The Spanish conversation doesn't provide any info beyond it was his dad since new and had the rear end changed so they switched it back to the original configuration.

Reactions: 2 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
If I recall, there was a member years back that was driving one back from Mexico. I forgot where his final destination was with the car.

Jack,
Is this the car you are referring to?
I believe he had sold the car not too long after bringing it back to Virginia and getting a set of Checkerboard wheels to complete it.
Awesome car!

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
The 15” checkerboard wheels were original equipment according to the video.
didn't know they came in 15" only seen 14" here in the states

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I didn't zoom in on the tire size but am fairly certain the checkers were only 14" including the Mexican SS...would be odd to one off those for 1" bigger size on such a limited run of vehicles but maybe that was something missed all along.

Thanks for the interpretation, I figured out it was his dad but cool that he is the original owner. I'm not a big soccer guy but had to look up the son, guess he's a "famous" soccer ref...and his dad is a doctor?

I remember the one exported to the US, want to say there might be another one but if I had a collection started a Mexican SS in as close to stock form as I could find would be up there with some other Monte's/g-bodies. I realize it would possibly not be road legal in the US.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Plugged in the cost in MEX Pesos 2.5 mil pesos. In US Dollars $123,648.54 Used a few other calculators as that is an outrageous price in our terms. Adjusted for inflation (Mexico) 2021 that would be 929,268,986 pesos. .049 pennies + 1 peso!

88ss408

Master Mechanic
Feb 25, 2007
baie st anne n.b
They are very rare. If I remember correctly they are model year 1984 only. Don't know of a build number but that would be cool to know as well.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Have you seen the safety sandals from the middle east? Worked there for 5 yrs you wouldn't believe the things I saw.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor