Mini tub or full tub on a g body

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Has anyone ever tried to tub out or do a mini tub on a g body. I want to do it on my malibu, but I've never seen it done on a full frame before. I've seen a full tub job done when my dad did it to his 67' Dodge Dart but that is a uni-body which looks easier to do than a full frame.

So has anyone ever done this?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Look over on maliburacing.com. There is a lot of guys that are tubbed and a lot more that are minitubbed. A lot of the guys are notching the frame and then just clearancing the wheel well with a BFH.

johns85mcss

Apprentice
Aug 4, 2008
havnt seen a min tub only cause the fram is right behide the wheel. ive seen people nouch the fram to go with a lil wider tire.

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
my boss did it on his monte. hes got a 345/35/18 on there with the wheel wells rolled. did it in his driveway but he said if he had to do it again hed just pay a chassis shop.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i would just do a mini but, if you get your suspension right, you can get all the traction you can handle with a true 10.5 tire

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
v8power said:
i would just do a mini but, if you get your suspension right, you can get all the traction you can handle with a true 10.5 tire
I agree. With so many cars running in the 8's and 9's on 10.5 tires, why do a full tub job? It's not really necessary. It's more of a fashion statement than a functional one and it dates the car to 80's style.

79GP6.6L

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2006
Upstate NY
Plus I wouldn't want a full tub on a street car, but that's just me. If it is going to be a dedicated track car it might not be as much of an issue.

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
First I would say get all new suspension.

Second I have seen guys who have El Camino do mini tub. IT looks really cool and all they did it shortened their Rearend.. They could of done more, but they were aholes and would not speak to me.

Attachments

• DSC01069[1].JPG
    DSC01069[1].JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,403
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor