Mirror gaskets

Trader history (0)

Just gonna guess here since you give no information as to which mirrors you have. I'll assume you mean sport mirror gaskets.

You need 2 of p/n 20009400. Or equivalent. GM made about 3,200 (exaggerating to clarify) different mirror configurations for the A/G-body over the years that required their own door to mirror gaskets. So I cannot reliably determine whether any other mirror gasket would work in its place. Some bases were bigger than others. I see MANY aftermarket companies who don't know squat say that their junk fits all 78-88 but that may or may not be true. I don't know for sure. I can't keep up with the junk I got, let alone try to be an expert on Chevy A/G-body mirror gaskets. Hopefully someone with your same issue has an alternative fix. If you happen to find a 80-82 X-body (like a Citation) with sport mirrors in the j/y, it's got the same gasket. I do know for a fact later Cutlass/Regal sport mirror gaskets will not work as the holes are way off center, nor will the Chevy wedge mirror ones, obviously.

81-86 Monte with sport mirrors uses 20157825. Not sure if it's the same size but if so, it MAY work. I don't know. At least you can get repros of those.

From what I can gather, even the ElCa/Cab mirrors use a different p/n gasket for their sport mirrors regardless of year.

Here's what a 1978-1980 20009400 gasket looks like.
1720785019465.png

Reactions: 1 users
I wasn’t aware that they made so many different versions of mirrors. I was looking around and from what I gathered they called them bullet style mirrors. When I get home tonight I’ll take a pic of the one gasket that I do have. I could not find a part number but I’ll check again

Just gonna guess here since you give no information as to which mirrors you have. I'll assume you mean sport mirror gaskets.

You need 2 of p/n 20009400. Or equivalent. GM made about 3,200 (exaggerating to clarify) different mirror configurations for the A/G-body over the years that required their own door to mirror gaskets. So I cannot reliably determine whether any other mirror gasket would work in its place. Some bases were bigger than others. I see MANY aftermarket companies who don't know squat say that their junk fits all 78-88 but that may or may not be true. I don't know for sure. I can't keep up with the junk I got, let alone try to be an expert on Chevy A/G-body mirror gaskets. Hopefully someone with your same issue has an alternative fix. If you happen to find a 80-82 X-body (like a Citation) with sport mirrors in the j/y, it's got the same gasket. I do know for a fact later Cutlass/Regal sport mirror gaskets will not work as the holes are way off center, nor will the Chevy wedge mirror ones, obviously.

81-86 Monte with sport mirrors uses 20157825. Not sure if it's the same size but if so, it MAY work. I don't know. At least you can get repros of those.

From what I can gather, even the ElCa/Cab mirrors use a different p/n gasket for their sport mirrors regardless of year.

Here's what a 1978-1980 20009400 gasket looks like.
View attachment 242462
on those wedge mirrors... they were used on El Caminos, MCSS, Fiero, Camaro, and Corvette. in every single case, even the stalk that sits on top of the gasket is different due to the door shape, and so is the gasket that it mounts to.

85 corvette
1720820649747.png

86 Fiero with a Fiero mirror on the drivers door and an 86 Camaro mirror on passenger door
1720821068850.png

1986 El Camino
the mirrors look like the Monte Carlos & a few other rides
BUT the gaskets are not the same (el camino gaskets are for them ONLY)
the GM part numbers for the gaskets are 20557636 for passenger side & 20557635 for driver side
Nobody makes new ones & Very Hard to find
1720821459251.png

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_0428.jpeg
This is the drivers mirror gasket I did happen to find a pair online and ordered them from Ecklers. They claim they were manufactured with original tooling and are gm certified. Hopefully they will fit and are well made. If not I will be back trying to drum a pair up. Thank you 69 hurst olds and 86lk for your education on this matter You both are amazing on the knowledge you have.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor