Monte Carlo Nose swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I'm partial to the 78/79 nose, They seem to have the same styling which started with the 1st generation.
Parked next to my brothers 74 Monte Carlo you can see how the style is the same yet different.
P8130094.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
2nd and 3rd gens pictured,don't forget the 70-72 are the 1st gen;)
Knew that ...failed to state it.:doh:
A first gen is the only one missing from the family "collection"!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
niCE.hmu when you "need ONE"....we have a couple;)...now back to our normally scheduled thread&&&

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
The bolt holes holding the header panel to the fenders are in slightly different places. But, the 78-79 fenders and 80 nose will work with a little work.

The_Full

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 6, 2016
I'm partial to the 78/79 nose, They seem to have the same styling which started with the 1st generation.
Parked next to my brothers 74 Monte Carlo you can see how the style is the same yet different. View attachment 59136

That's cool that you are partial to the 78/79 nose. They are a good look. However, that is not what I want. For what I want to do, I feel the 80 front end will go better.

The bolt holes holding the header panel to the fenders are in slightly different places. But, the 78-79 fenders and 80 nose will work with a little work.

That's good to know. That's been the general consensus so far. I spoke to my instructors and they said it should be no problem to do it as well. Thank you all for your input. It is much appreciated.

The_Full

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 6, 2016
I have found that trying to find the nose of an 80 is rather difficult. Same with trying to find a hood. I find a lot for an 81-88 but not much for 78-80

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Jun 6, 2017
I was thinking about swapping the nose from my 78 Monte with the nose from an 80 Monte. Has anyone done this before? What all needs to be changed? Would my current hood, fenders and doors be good to go with this mod or would they have to be changed as well?
Do you by any chance still have the nose I would be interested in buying it from you if you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor