Monte carlo ss window sweeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Mike from mikes montes emailed me back and got me squared away. I don't know why the goodmark sweeps don't pop up when you put the gm part # in, but im pretty sure they're the right ones now. Metro and Fairchild provide oem part #. I guess my expectation was a 1 pc molding/sweep on the outside. This isn't the case. You have to reuse the wide molding and attach the new sweeps with screws provided.
20201224_125713.jpg

The chrome beaded sweep goes on the inside and attaches to the upper door panel with staples that are also provided.
20201224_125448.jpg

Mike answered a random guy that didn't buy anything from his company, within hours on Christmas eve. I wish I would have used them to begin with and will in the future when possible. I probably shoulda dug out my door and door panels instead of bothering people on Christmas Eve. I jumped the gun thinking I screwed up ordering online parts(again). I really appreciate all your help. Merry Christmas.

Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Wait a minute. So you're saying the stuff you got WAS correct, but you had the round bead mixed up with the inner thinking the bead was supposed to go on the outside? If so, all that crap I said I take back.

I can see that happening. Their application information sucked, so it's understandable. Usually when you discuss beading and B85 molding, you're talking about the OUTER seal. Inner seals go on the door panel so it doesn't matter what's on the outside part of the window.

THANK GOD for OLDSMOBILE. :) They're pretty easy to understand.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
When I redid my El Camino three years ago I bought ones from Mike's Montes, too. I trust them and Dixie more than the other aftermarketers mentioned here, frankly. I'm pleased with the fit and finish of the ones I got. Granted, Monte Carlo is different from Malibu/Camino but either on their web page on in person on the phone they should be able to confirm they have what you need.

Reactions: 1 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Wait a minute. So you're saying the stuff you got WAS correct, but you had the round bead mixed up with the inner thinking the bead was supposed to go on the outside? If so, all that crap I said I take back.

I can see that happening. Their application information sucked, so it's understandable. Usually when you discuss beading and B85 molding, you're talking about the OUTER seal. Inner seals go on the door panel so it doesn't matter what's on the outside part of the window.

THANK GOD for OLDSMOBILE. :) They're pretty easy to understand.
Yea that's it. I was looking at it backwards and assumed there would be no chrome. I should have put eyes on the original. My apologies, but I now know what part number for the black wide molding that nobody makes That's worth looking like an idiot on the interweb. Thanks

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
Yea that's it. I was looking at it backwards and assumed there would be no chrome. I should have put eyes on the original. My apologies, but I now know what part number for the black wide molding that nobody makes That's worth looking like an idiot on the interweb. Thanks
This helped me. After working on the exterior I'm going to be replacing all the rubber seals. I'm planning on ordering everything through Mike's Montes to make sure I get everything needed and that it's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor