Motor mount issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
I had that problem, take the bolt out and get both sides to slide in place at the same time. It's easier with a friend to help but you can do it on your own. You can't line up one side and then try to light up the other side, at least I couldn't
Should I lift both sides or just the side I'm working on with other motor mount bolt loose

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you should have the engine mount installed in the frame and block and then drop the engine down level and line up both of the engine mounts at the same time

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
A million years ago, my father in law had a fit problem with G-Body Olds motor mounts. He solved the problem by pulling the motor mounts of the engine block and elongated the slots in the direction they needed to go. When he bolted them back on he used over sized lock washers. He was able to moved the motor just enough to clear the starter and still make the connection to the mount on the frame. Could you maybe elongate the holes for both sides of the mounts???

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
Update on motor mounts....lined up the 2 bolts to block and when I lowered engine the mont didn't line up to holes on the frame bracket seems like the inside of mount is hitting the frame bracket not allowing to sit all the way down...any suggestions?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
install the engine mounts on the crossmember and bolt them in place, then install the engine mounts on the block and bolt them in place, then drop the engine down lining up the engine mounts on both side at the same time. It is not too difficult to do but if this is your first time it would help id you had some help you that has installed an egine before. Even they have not installed an engine and other set of hands would help and you guys guys would figure it out...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
install the engine mounts on the crossmember and bolt them in place, then install the engine mounts on the block and bolt them in place, then drop the engine down lining up the engine mounts on both side at the same time. It is not too difficult to do but if this is your first time it would help id you had some help you that has installed an egine before. Even they have not installed an engine and other set of hands would help and you guys guys would figure it out...
Okay but tried to bolt them down to the cross member and for some reason they don't completely go down all the way to do so like it's hitting on something and I tried witj mounting towards the engine block first and lower motor onto frame and nothing.....see what I come up with...p.s. Appreciate your comments.

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
I tbink I even try to bolt mounts to frame first and still dont line up like something is not right something is stopping it....damn aftermarket parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor