Mouse issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Try getting a snake, let em loose in there. J/K just set a few traps. And make sure no food is left in the camper while stored.
We caught a 2 foot rat snake in a sticky trap a few years ago in our water heater closet. Tossed him out in the back yard, everything was gone next morning. I suppose some hawk had a nice easy dinner.

Reactions: 1 user

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
I'm trying a new method this year. I was told to open a bar of Irish spring soap and set it inside in a few places. Its suppose to do the same as dryer sheets. I have one in the trunk and one inside the car. I'll report back how it goes.

I get a lot of mice around my house. I am surrounded by farm fields and they swarm in once it gets cold.

Damn little creatures.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Irish Spring FTW. We just gave up our barn storage last week. Rats \ Mice ate up the civic but stayed stayed out of the Blazer with the Irish Spring bars in it. However they still nested in the exhaust and were asphyxiated once we fired it up but no turds were noticed in the cab

Reactions: 1 users

Steve 82 Elly

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2020
I'm trying a new method this year. I was told to open a bar of Irish spring soap and set it inside in a few places. Its suppose to do the same as dryer sheets. I have one in the trunk and one inside the car. I'll report back how it goes.

I get a lot of mice around my house. I am surrounded by farm fields and they swarm in once it gets cold.

Damn little creatures.
I've used Irish Spring and dryer sheets for years in the camper and car with pretty good results. Plus it smells nice when you open up in the spring!

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I've used Irish Spring and dryer sheets for years in the camper and car with pretty good results. Plus it smells nice when you open up in the spring!

We use it to keep leprechauns away too.

It is my favourite soap.

• Haha
  • Informative
Reactions: 6 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The old fashioned spring snap traps work great too. The peanut butter is probably the best bait- hard to get it off without snapping it closed. But what is key is getting all the holes plugged. I was swamped with mice until I went around my entire foundation cementing shut all the cracks and holes. Once I did that they became rare. Tough to do on a vehicle but that is the task.

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
The old fashioned spring snap traps work great too. The peanut butter is probably the best bait- hard to get it off without snapping it closed. But what is key is getting all the holes plugged. I was swamped with mice until I went around my entire foundation cementing shut all the cracks and holes. Once I did that they became rare. Tough to do on a vehicle but that is the task.
Thanks for the info. Thats what I intend to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor