Mouse issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm kinda surprised the storage yard doesn't already have cats roaming the area.... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user

Fnlowrider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2020
Myrtle beach
First fill all the holes, plumbing, electrical etc. Door sweeps should also be tight. If their little heads can fit so can the rest of them. Obviously any food source will attract them. I use dryer sheets on my Harley every winter and they have worked for me for years. Good luck

Reactions: 1 users

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Might seem counter intuitive, but try and open up some of the places they like to nest. They like a nice closed in place. Center console, glove box etc. I've taken to opening all that stuff up. Empty the glove box, and leave it open, same with the center console.

I've tried dryer sheet on the bike - they like to nest where the battery goes. Came back in the spring to find a mouse nest built on top of the dryer sheets :unsure:. Can't say I endorse that one. I've also had mice eat my soap (though not necessarily Irish Spring)

• Informative

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
Might seem counter intuitive, but try and open up some of the places they like to nest. They like a nice closed in place. Center console, glove box etc. I've taken to opening all that stuff up. Empty the glove box, and leave it open, same with the center console.

I've tried dryer sheet on the bike - they like to nest where the battery goes. Came back in the spring to find a mouse nest built on top of the dryer sheets :unsure:. Can't say I endorse that one. I've also had mice eat my soap (though not necessarily Irish Spring)
So i put some traps in the camper a few days ago and used a little peanut butter. Chkd the traps today and snagged 1of those little bastards. I have previously cleaned up all the turds that they had left. There were no new turds in there today. Gonna keep up the traps though and plugging anymore holes i find. Long could winter ahead. Thanks for the help guys.

Jfini1942

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2018
Libertyville, Illinois
So my fellow G body friends. Since this Covid stuff started a few months ago the wife and I havent been able to enjoy our camp trailer cause so many parks have been closed. So in the mean time some mice have decided to set up shop in her. We we're down at the storage lot today to change out the drys the air in there and the wife noticed some mice turds in a couple lower cabinets. Not alot. But there there. Your best ideas on how to control this. I am going to pull all the stuff out of the cabinets this week and plug as many holes as i can and put some traps in there. I always plug the furnace exhaust with steel wool, but any other ideas would be appreciated. I dont want to use poison if i can because if they get stuck in there look out for the stink. With the traps i will chk those out every couple days so they dont start stinking.
Go buy Fresh Cab repellant at any big box store. Works for me.

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
u need ,my girl
12 lbs of demo

Attachments

• lola.jpg
    lola.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 104

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
Go buy Fresh Cab repellant at any big box store.
So far i have set 4 mouse traps in our camper and i have snagged 1 of those little bastards. But i have not snagged anymore and i have not seen anymore activity. No turds. Maybe he was a rogue little fellow / female. Gotta be politically correct. Pantry (with food in it) bathroom and bedroom clean. We'll keep an eye out. Thanks guys

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Ive used Moth balls and dryer sheets. I once had a mouse nest made with the dryer sheets lol. none of them work at keep mice out of my cars. this year im trying the Mouse Blocker pro.I bought the one that plugs into a 120 shop outlet. google it, got mine from Speedway motors. caution they are not cheap.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor