moving out west

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Idaho sucks *ss!!!

I wish I had told people that about Texas 10 years ago. My property taxes would not have doubled in the last 15 years I we only all said that.

"It sucks here! Stay where you are!"

Sid R

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2018
There's a publication called, "Places Rated Almanac". It shows the demographics of most metro areas in the country. Really useful in picking a place to live and in picking places to avoid.
Kansas and Oklahoma don't have the scenery of Colorado, but they do have much lower cost of living and more sane laws. (What are these "emissions" you speak of?) Check Denver home prices on Craigslist. And, if you want, you can drive to the over to see mountains on weekends.
Gawd, I never thought I would suggest that someone consider Kansas as a place to live. Always wanted to leave here for Texas, myself........
Anyway, good luck with your choice and the move.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
And, if you want, you can drive to the over to see mountains on weekends.
Gawd, I never thought I would suggest that someone consider Kansas as a place to live.

You can "See" the mountains on Weekends and points east, but to actually "get" to the mountains on weekends, even from Denver, plan on sitting in a 50 mile long 5 mph traffic jam on I-70 west of Denver.

Get a job where you work weekends and have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday off, you would enjoy Colorado 100X more.

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
I lived in CO (Denver) for ten years - if you are out on the plains (east of the Rockies) your carb will be fine. If you go to the front range (Denver, Colorado Springs) or on up in the mountains you'll need to lean out the jets and go a step or two colder on your plugs. If you go fuel injection (FiTech or Sniper) you won't need to do anything - well, MAYBE colder spark plug at higher altitudes

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Take a look at Grand Junction.
Great little town on the west side of the range. No emissions there and much better real estate prices than on the eastern range.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Take a look at Grand Junction.
Great little town on the west side of the range. No emissions there and much better real estate prices than on the eastern range.

It is also a warmer spot in CO. I believe Grand Junction is a cold hardiness zone that is similar to Southern NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor