Muscle, donk or lowered. Whats your choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
I have been wondering alo lately about what most of you think looks better on G bodies.

The muscle style with colw hoods blowers slicks or white letter tires, et. Having your gbody pushing low 11s-13s ready to smoke any car ricers o other Gs.

The lowered style with small gold spoke rims n whie wall tires lowered so low the bumber is almost touching the groung. The very detailed painjobs. Filled to the brim with hydros etc.

The Donk look. 22's n up on a g body that got lifted and lambo doors and huge subs and pretty much driving bill boards.

I want to hear which style or styles every one preferes and which they dont. The likes and dislikes of each style and why. Please dont diss someone if they do their G body one way you hate and PLEASE post some pics of G bodys you've seen that is teh style you love. Remeber to each his own but i would liek to know what each chooses as their own.

I personaly just like a G with alot of power and slicks tucked under it and lowered just a LITTLE bit and 2 12" subs in the tunk nothin over the top. I prefert the low rider styel becasue of the detail put into them but i ahte the donk way

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Day2 mods which keep the car stock "looking" with better brakes, 300+ hp under the hood with a trans to match & bigger tires on GM rims gets my vote.

87BlackSheep

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
Fort Knox, KY
I roll staggered tires on 15" wheels for that strip look. But i'm all about performance first and foremost.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
axisg said:
Day2 mods which keep the car stock "looking" with better brakes, 300+ hp under the hood with a trans to match & bigger tires on GM rims gets my vote.

good choice i completely for got to put up stock look with modfides lol
but i agree with 86sleeper, lowriders are realy nice to admire but muscle is the way to go for daily driver

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
to most people, my GP looks the same as this
23-8097-1990-chrysler-new-yorker-002.jpg

so I'm all for the sleeper idea. But also think agressive tires (non-donk style) can look tastefull and give you some performance.
I also like quiet refined exhaust. I'm not much for loud, I like the refined rasp and true engine sounds.
... call me old, but I think I grew out of the Flowmaster 40s and raised white lettering tires back in highschool.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
what do you guys think of people doing up 4dr cars as sleepers or out ragious way?

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
I like my 4dr, the extra 2 doors come in very handy at the supermarket :lol: , plus it attracts less attention to itself :mrgreen: . Oh an btw modded stockish vehicle, maybe a bit lower than factory ride, simple under the hood, definitely need more grunt, but also reliable.

mickey-d

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
I would almost be willing to bet that if you took a count, and kept track of all the categories you can think of, you come out darn near even with them all. You have:Original, or restored to original, original but slightly modified body panels and/or suspension, low riders, donks, street/strip, and pretty much full out drag cars. Sorry if I missed anything, but I'm getting old.
.....................mickey-d :lol: :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor