My 1983 Regal *10/13/08* The car is Gone! Pix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
Rockstar said:
Unforunatly i dont. A good thing with not having the front wheel wells is you can mount the hinge to the core support close the hood and mark your holes through the wheel well. Make sure you unbolt the hood from the factory hinge before you mount the new hinge (dont ask how i know) :LOL: How are you locking the trunk down so it cant be pulled up from the back (near the rear window)? Cause on mine with it closed you could still pull up on the hood (near the winshield).

well its pouring here to so i didnt feel like going out to take a picture of them, so i drew this on paint to show you. I will do something similar up front for the hood, but will either notch where they will hit or weld something in for them to "hook" into. I left the factory trunk mounts in the back about 2" so these arms will go in between the metal like it's a slot.

trunkarms.jpg

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
OK this will be the last update until probably monday night, I have my son until then. I got the lid on and got the front "hooks" on, had made them bigger to use the factory trunk hinge rubber stops but they were longs as hell and looked like sh*t, looked good on paper but not in real life. so i shortened them and took the 1/4" plate i was using to space them up of and they work great, I just want to get a piece of har rubber to line the metal with where they rest. They are tacked for now, but will finish them as the body gets done. I also was able to get the rear side panels and back seat back in now. I had to trim the panels to clear the tubs. I also had to cut out the sides of the back seat to clear the tubs as well, but they worked out great.

100_0271.jpg

100_0272.jpg

100_0284.jpg

100_0285.jpg

100_0283.jpg

100_0275.jpg

100_0280.jpg

100_0282.jpg

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
Cool! still lovin that trunk. glad to see you got the seats back in it too. nice work

cheetahron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2008
Annville, Pa
Bourbon, after seeing your ride ive desided to get baged! ide luv to check yours out up close before i invest a bunch, are you anywhere near central Pa?

thanks, and nice ride!!

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
not a whole lot done tonight, and still trying to figure out my fuel delivery problem, gotta wait til payday to get more gas for it to screw around some more. Got the antenna shaved and got the sawzall marks on the driver's side fender fixed.

100_0287.jpg

100_0288.jpg

100_0289.jpg

100_0290.jpg

100_0292.jpg

100_0294.jpg

100_0291.jpg

100_0293.jpg

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
That is bad *ss that you got the seats back in. I was going to start, well i did start, on my dash but now i am going to get my airride done, then body work then interior, you really got my motivation back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor