my 1990 f150 4x4 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The return line will usually be smaller than the pressure line. Maybe that's what you have.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
Ya maybe but that was the only option they had at autozone and the only option doorman has for mine I went to there website and that's the only one they sell. I might just go to the junkyard and try to get a couple of them. I just don't want them to be brittle.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
Crapple21 said:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_e_0xvoL1xY
Here it is running it has a super bad exhaust leak not sure where it's coming from the exhaust is tight I'm just going to take it to a exhaust shop and have them fix it

Awesome man glad u got her runnin'. About the exhaust leak I say cut it off after the cat lol a buddy of mine has a 97 i think with an open headered 351w and it sounds badass, but thats just how I am lol. Any other noticeable problems yet? Lights, noises, anything?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
There is a crossover tube at the back of the heads for the A.I.R. system that commonly leaks on those trucks. It's not too tough to replace if that's the leak.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
Crapple21 said:
Well found out today that my truck has a blown head gasket. It's time to take off everything I just put on so I can replace the head gaskets. It's my first time replacing head gaskets any tips or pointer when doing it? I have a Haynes book that pretty much goes step by step in how to do it

well first of all you have to keep organized. keep all the bolts in separate bags and label them so you know where they go. dont rush it. take pictures and document everything. its easier than most people think its just the process is slow, but once you start tearing into it you'll be done in no time. good luck man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor