My 55 Belair hard top project

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I bought this car about 3-4 years ago. I'm a die hard 55 Chevy guy and the hard top is my unicorn. When I was 5 years old in 1977 my parents restored a 55 hard top. That's why I'm drawn to them. Anyway, I bought this roller for $6200 with title and some new parts. It came from California originally and was in awesome shape. The floors were mint and it came with the bench seat which is $800 to $1000 if you can find one. I have done a bunch of mods. I have a 406 small block, 700R4 trans, 373 posi, 4 wheel disks, drilled and slotted rotors, front and rear sway bars, and tubular control arms. Colors will be black pearl on the front and carbon fiber pearl on the roof and rear section in the stock two tone scheme.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I wanted left and right front speakers so I used exhaust tips with mesh screen behind them. If you had original air conditioning, this is the location for the chrome vents. They look similar in design. Now I have Kicker 3 1/2s to mount on the back.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Love it! I've always been a tri-5 fan but they've been out of reach for me. There are some really nice ones here in Louisville, but i gotta finish my cutlass first before i hunt for the next project.

As usual, the subtle mods you incorporate into you're builds are way cool such as the chevy script onto the frame. I like that wingnut idea, and the caliper covers are trick. Speaking of, it would look awesome if you could get an led strip to stick well with the brake heat, used as a backlight.

The color combo you've planned will look killer, I'm definitely following this build.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Been waiting a long time to see some coverage on this one...
Looks like the wait has been worth it, not disappointed!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor