My 78 Regal Build Thread. June. 21, 2011 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
Re: My 78 Regal Build Thread. Feb. 8, 2011 UPDATE

85Frankencar said:
I just read through this whole thing - great job, good luck with the next project - if it's anything like this one, it'll be pretty awesome! I'll be keeping an eye out - its threads like this that make me wish I had done more with paint/body....great job, really enjoyed it. I got to ask you though - how did you make the braces? Those looked like they came from the factory...

Thanks. Its true what they say that you regret when you sell your car. I kinda do mostly because I have to start all over. I had a beast motor and now I really dont even feel like going through the process of doing it all over again. I was suppose to be getting a caddy 500 for this next project but I am probably going to take the 350 and 700r4 out of my s10, geek it up a little and call it a day. The interior in this regal is good enough not to touch. A good shampoo and replacement of carpet and headliner it all it needs. What braces are you referring to? The frame braces or the ones under the hood?

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy

I almost sold mine twice (I lost interest plus I moved...) but I couldn't get rid of it (still a work in progress....) so I've still got it, but I'm really grateful that I didn't get rid of it - it's been a bit of a pain getting parts for it, but I can't wait until it's done & driving...

I was referring to the braces under the hood, though the other ones looked good, too - do the frame braces (not under the hood) help any with stiffening up the chassis? Thanks

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008

85Frankencar said:
I almost sold mine twice (I lost interest plus I moved...) but I couldn't get rid of it (still a work in progress....) so I've still got it, but I'm really grateful that I didn't get rid of it - it's been a bit of a pain getting parts for it, but I can't wait until it's done & driving...

I was referring to the braces under the hood, though the other ones looked good, too - do the frame braces (not under the hood) help any with stiffening up the chassis? Thanks

Yes they helped. I dont know how much for the front because I also had all the front bracing you could have. The underhood braces help though.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008

[youtube]TadTlQ75rrs[/youtube]

I got around to seeing my old regal that I had sold. He has put 3.73 gears in, floor shifter and a few other things. A 18 wheeler backed into it which is why the front clip had to be replaced. I feel pretty good about the work I did overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor